Want to get the best from amazon? Here is a guide on How to Sign up for Amazon Prime and why you should be considering it. The Amazon Prime Membership is a subscription-based service that comes with free one-day delivery, access to nearly endless videos and audio contents, grocery discounts, and many more amazing offers. Yes, Amazon Prime gives its members the benefits of free and fast shipping for eligible purchases to numerous supported ZIP codes.
This fast and free shipping covers most purchases from the company and some other third-party sellers on the platform. Also, it allows its members’ exclusive access to the streaming of movies, TV shows, and music on-the-go. Giving them exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading on the amazon lending platform, and more – isn’t left out of the mouth-watering benefits of the Amazon Prime membership.
Additionally, students can get a generous price break on many services across the platform. I know you’re interested in the guide on how to sign up for Amazon Prime. That’s cool, but it’s also good we talk about pricing right? The Amazon Prime Membership is easy to acquire as it costs $6.49 per month or $59.99 per year for students. For the standard non-student membership, the basic plan starts at $12.99 per month or $119 per year, which is slightly under $10 per month if divided.
However, Amazon Prime offers a 30-day free subscription for users who plan to subscribe to the yearly plan. After the trial period, a user starts paying for the service. According to Amazon, a subscriber can cancel their Amazon Prime Membership at any time and still get refunds according to how the service was used. Any user who paid for an Amazon Prime membership but never used the service could be eligible for a full refund. Also, those who have used the service but didn’t use the service much could be eligible for a partial refund based on the remaining time in their membership.
Okay, enough of the plenty talks, let’s get the guide on how to sign up for Amazon Prime. To become an amazon prime member, you need an account with amazon. If you already have one, skip the next heading. If you’re new to Amazon, let’s walk you through getting an account.
How to Sign up for an Amazon Account
- On any browser of your choice go to Amazon.com.
- Hover your cursor over (on mobile, tap on) link with the inscription “Hello, Sign in” and “Accounts & Lists” at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the drop-down menu, click on the “Start Here” link under the “New Customer?” question.
- In the input fields, type your name, email, and choice of password. Ensure your password combination is okay and click on “Create Your Amazon Account”.
- You would automatically be signed in or you can sign in through the initial “Hello, Sign in” link at the top of the page.
At this point, you’ve successfully created an Amazon account. Next, the thing to consider is how to Subscribe to the Amazon Prime Membership.
How to Sign up for Amazon Prime Membership
Subscribing to the amazon prime membership is an easy task if you have an existing Amazon account. Simply;
- Visit Amazon.com on your browser.
- Sign in your existing Amazon account details.
- Click on your account icon at the top right corner of your screen. It should have the inscription “Hello, Your Name” same spot where it said, “Hello, Sign in”.
- Click on the “Prime Membership” from the dropdown menu that displays.
- You should be taken to the amazon prime membership page. On this page, select “Start your free trial”, and make sure you go for the six-month option if you’re a student and can verify your status.
- Select the choice of Prime membership you want, from the $8.99/month video-only option to the monthly payment plan for everything or the annual fee for everything.
- Input a working credit or debit card detail when prompted.
- If you had an account earlier and have made a purchase on Amazon, select the card already on file. This is the card that you want to be charged for your membership subscription and renewals.
- Confirm your billing and shipping address.
Wait!…what are you still waiting for? You’re just a few clicks away from a 30-day free trial or maybe a payment away from fast, free shipping, lots of movies and music, discounted offers, and a whole lot more.