Social media today isn’t just about connecting people with loved ones. These days, brands are built, contents are marketed and many more occur on such platforms. Every day, one viral content or the other get to trend on Instagram. Depending on the purpose of your Instagram account, you might want to repost such content to your Instagram feed. Unlike other social media platforms, sharing and reposting content on Instagram isn’t as easy as hitting the share or retweet button. Hence the need for this guide on how to repost on Instagram. At the moment, half of all existing brands have an account on Instagram. Keeping followers active on your timeline is one way to grow an Instagram account. Creating a worthy content to keep your followers engaged isn’t easy. This is probably why you need to know how to repost content on Instagram. However, it’s good to keep in mind that media contents have more copy protection.
To avoid violating rules and getting your account banned its necessary whatever you repost on Instagram isn’t copy protected. Anyways, I believe I’m in no position to dictate what you post or repost to your Instagram feed. With that being said, here is how to repost on Instagram.
How to repost on Instagram – repost Images on Instagram
To repost an image on Instagram, you can either download the image using a third-party app or screenshot it and repost it. Screenshotting and reposting on Instagram is the easiest way of reposting on Instagram. On some devices, you can take screenshots using some shortcut menus. However, if you don’t have that you can use this step to take screenshots on android and ios.
How to take a screenshot on an Android device
- Tap the Power button and Volume down key simultaneously.
- keep them pressed down until you hear an audible click or the shutter sound.
- You should get a notification that your screenshot was captured successfully.
How to Take a screenshot on your iPhone
- Tap on the Side Button and the Volume Up button at the same time.
- Quickly release both buttons.
- A thumbnail should appear at the lower-left corner of your screen. Tap the thumbnail to open it or swipe left to dismiss it.
After taking your screenshot, you’ll need to edit and crop out unwanted areas to ensure a clean upload. Some devices allow other functions like selecting the area of the screen to shot and not screenshotting the entire screen. However, if your device doesn’t support that, you can edit your screenshots in third party photo editing apps. You can also crop images with almost all gallery apps inside the Instagram app. Tap on the camera icon at the base of your Instagram app and select the screenshot you want to share on Instagram. Resize the image to leave only the area you want to upload. Add a caption, hashtags, credit to the author, etc. tap the “Share” button to upload.
How to repost on Instagram – Repost Videos on Instagram
Reposting a picture on your Instagram feed is as easy as screenshotting and reposting. However, reposting a video on Instagram isn’t the same as an image. To repost a video on Instagram, you’ll need a third-party application to download this video before reposting. This is because Instagram doesn’t have the retweet button like twitter or the share button like Facebook. There are many apps on your app store for this purpose but I’ll be suggesting “Repost for Instagram”. This choice was borne out of several reasons including availability on both android and ios platforms.
- Download Repost for Instagram for either iOSor Android
- Open your Instagram app as usual. Scroll your feed till you find a photo or video you’d like to repost to your wall.
- Tap on the photo of your choice to see its full view.
- On the photo or video’s landing page, tap the ellipses “…” icon at the upper-right-hand of the post.
- Tap “Copy Share URL” (the button will look the same on Android devices).
- The photo’s URL would be copied to your phone’s clipboard.
- Open the “Repost for Instagram” app you downloaded and the post you copied will automatically be on the app.
- Tap the arrow at the right-hand side of the post. To edit how you want the repost icon to appear on Instagram.
- Tap on “Repost.” and tap “Copy to Instagram,” where you can add a filter and edit the post.
- Tap “Next.” If you want to include the original poster’s caption, tap the caption field and press “Paste,”. The original caption should appear with a citation that credits the original poster with your reposted photo. You can also edit to suit your taste.
- Tap “Share” and the post would appear on your Instagram profile.
There are other apps to repost videos to your Instagram feed. However, this one should serve your needs.