Ever since Facebook opened up to the general public in 2006, the network has served more purposes than just keeping connected. These days, most businesses and individuals use the platform to connect with customers as well as other brands. Brands are built to its best, reviews are taken. Speaking of reviews, a poll is a good way of taking getting user’s opinions. A poll is a human research survey of public opinion from a particular sample – according to Wikipedia. A poll can also be used for electoral processes, contests, and many other purposes. So, just in case you wish to understand how your fans interact with your recent trends or you need an unrigged voting system on Facebook. This should help you on how to create a poll on Facebook.
It is, however, necessary to note that you can create polls in groups and under events, you manage directly on Facebook. However, you can’t create a poll on a Facebook page without using Facebook Business.
How to Create A Poll on Facebook Page(using Facebook Business)
If you wish to create a poll on your Facebook page for all audiences, you would need to do it on your business account.
- Login to your Facebook business account by visiting business.Facebook.com. This is required to start the process of creating a Poll for a Facebook page. You’ll don’t need to create an account as your account is the same as your Facebook login.
- Scroll down and click on the “Go to Page” button beside the page name.
- On your page, click on the “Create Post” text area on your page displayed within your business account.
- Click on the ellipses (…) to list other hidden post types.
- select Poll from the different Post types.
- Beside your page picture in the Post type section, Write your content/question in the text area that reads “Ask something…”.
- Below it, add your choice of answers you want users to pick from. You can also use images for the answers.
- You can now choose how long this poll runs for. There are four options for the duration which are 1 day, 1 week, never, and custom. Set up the duration for how long you want the poll to last. Select the date if you have selected custom.
- When you’re done setting up your poll, click on “Share Now” to Publish it to your audience.
How to Create A Poll in Facebook Group on a desktop computer
Facebook Groups are fun to follow up with. They build engagement with a large audience who are members of the group. To create a Poll in a face group using a PC or Mac, follow the steps below;
- Log into your Facebook account, you should be on the news feed.
- On the left-hand column, click on “See More” directly above the shortcuts list to expand the menu.
- When the column expands, click on “Groups”. You would be redirected to your group’s feed.
- On the left column, select the group you want to create the poll in or click “+Create New Group” button to make a new group.
- Click the text area you use to create normal posts. It has “What‘s on your mind, yourName?”
- Tap on the ellipses (…) then click “Poll” from the tabs that dropdown.
- Write your content/question where the post reads “Ask something…” then enter in the various choices (questions, product options, etc.) in the spaces below.
- Click “Poll Options” to set options to allow people to add new choices or to vote on multiple choices.
- Click “Post” to launch your poll.
How to Create A Poll in a Facebook Group on the Facebook mobile app
Keeping up with Facebook got a lot easier with social media supporting mobile platforms. The good news is you can equally create a poll using your mobile app. Simply follow the steps below;
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger button. It is the three parallel lines at the bottom right of the screen on iPhones and the top on android devices.
- Tap on “Groups.”
- Select the group you wish to add a poll in (or create a new one) from the row of groups near the top of the screen.
- On the text area with the inscription “Write something…” tap and then scroll down to the “Poll” option below it.
- Ask your question and add options, then tap “Post” at the top right corner.
Note: Polls created within Facebook groups you don’t own might need to go through reviews from group admins before they get published. This is dependent on the group’s privacy controlled by the owner of the group.
How to Create a Poll on an Event Page
So you have an upcoming event and you’ve added this event to Facebook. The good news is you can equally create a poll on a Facebook event you have created or are managing. Simply follow the steps below;
- Log into your Facebook account you used to create or manage the event.
- Click on “Events” on the left pane. Within the Facebook app, tap the Events tab near the top of the page.
- Choose the event you want to create the poll on for.
- Select “Create a Poll” at the top of the text area used to create Posts.
- Type the query (Statement or Questions) in the text area
- Add the different options into each “Add Option” box.
- Select the “+ Add Option”to add more poll choices.
- Select “Poll Options” to control what users can do.
- unselect “Allow Anyone to Add Options” if you don’t want event invitees to add more choices. (By default, this option is enabled.)
- Click on “Post” to publish immediately. However, if you want to schedule it for later, click on the Post drop-down arrow and choose “Schedule Post” to schedule your poll post for a later time.
How to create a poll on Facebook Messenger Conversation
So you are a member of a group conversation on Facebook Messenger and there is an argument on choices. You can create a poll for your friends or connections to easily decide. Simply follow the steps below:
- In your messenger application, open the group conversation.
- If you’re accessing Facebook Messenger using a web browser, click the “Create a Poll” icon at the bottom of the messenger window. Tap on the four dots at the bottom-left of your conversation screen – if you’re on the messenger app for androids. Then click on the “Polls” icon. Tap on the “+” button at the bottom of the messenger window if you are using the Facebook Messenger app for iPhone. Swipe left to find “polls” and tap on it.
- Type a question or statement in the “What’s your poll about” text area below “Question”.
- Select “+ Add Option” to add as many poll choices as you want.
- Select the “Create Poll” button to create and share the poll with everyone in the conversation.
Customizing polls using Poll Options
The Facebook community understands users’ choices vary. This has made their developers add several ways of customizing a Facebook poll to suit users’ demands. These customizations include adding an image or tagging people amongst others. To customize a poll to suit your taste, follow the steps below
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Select the “Create Post” box, which usually has a placeholder of “What’s on your mind?”
- If you are using Facebook on a web browser, click the ellipses (…) to access all options available in the create post menu. Scroll down to “Poll” and on the click it. If you are using the Facebook mobile app, just scroll down until you find “Poll”, tap on it.
- To use images from your device for the polls, selecting the “Option” box, click on “Attach a Photo”. If you are using the Facebook app, tap the Image button at the right end of the box, and select “Upload Photo”.
- Locate the photo you want to use as the first poll option and select Open (if you’re on a web browser) or Done (on a mobile app).
- You can also use animated images (GIF) from Facebook for your options. To use a GIF from Facebook as your poll option, click inside the Options
- Click on “Attach a GIF” – on a web browser. If you are using the Facebook app, tap the “Image” button at the right end of the box and select “Add GIF”.
- Enter a word or phrase describing the option you want to add – to search for related images.
- Select the GIF you want to use.
- To tag others in your poll, type the names of people you want to tag in the Options You can tag up to but not more than 99 people.
- If you are using on a mobile app, tap “Tag Friends” and then enter the names of the people you want to tag.
- You can also use the“Tag Event” option to tag a Facebook event in the poll.
- When you’re done customizing your poll, you can then publish it to your audience by selecting the “Post” button.