There are a thousand and one reasons to Change Your Instagram Username and Display Name. Instagram as a photo and video-sharing social network owned by Facebook houses so many individuals and brands. You’ll agree with me that businesses thrive well on Instagram than most social networks. Also, for every business, branding, and rebranding is an unavoidable process. During the process of rebranding a business, losing fans/followers and building from 0 followers isn’t worth it. You’ll only need to Change Your Instagram Username and Display Name and continue from where you stopped. Additionally, while creating an Instagram account, you might have created the account to use it as a personal account. However, your decision changed over time. Whichever the case maybe this is a guide on How to Change Your Instagram Username and Display Name on Mobile and PC. The good news is that unlike Facebook, you can change your Instagram username at any time without restrictions.
How to Change Your Instagram Username and Display Name on Mobile
To change your Instagram Username or Display Name on your devices, locate the app amongst your app list.
- Start your Instagram app.
- Sign in if you’re not signed in. If you have multiple Instagram accounts, double-check to be sure you’re logged in to the one you’re trying to change.
- If you have more than one account configured in the app, tap the account name at the top of the screen and choose the account you want to change.
- Tap your avatar icon at the bottom-right of your screen to go to your profile page.
- Tap on “Edit Profile” button below your bio.
- On the Edit Profile page, tap on the field below Name to change your Display Name. of course, the field below Username would be where you’ll add your new username.
- When you’re satisfied with all the changes, tap the blue tick at the top-right hand of the screen for your changes to save.
The mobile browser interface for Instagram is similar to mobile apps. The only difference is the “Edit Profile” button is located below your username and not below your bio. Also, the button to commit changes isn’t at the top but the bottom of the page. It is the blue button inscribed “Submit”.
How to change your Instagram name on a web browser
Changing your Instagram username and Display name on PC is however different. To change your details on PC, follow the steps below.
- In your web browser, visit Instagram.com.
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Click the account icon at the top right of your browser window.
- Click on “Edit Profile” between your username and the settings gear icon.
- Edit the Name or Username fields to whatever name and username you want to switch to.
- When you’re satisfied, scroll down and click “Submit.”
However, It is necessary to note the following about Instagram usernames before changing Instagram usernames. Although you can change your display name to anything and don’t need to be unique your username is different. Your username can’t be shared. So you can’t a username that is being used by someone else on Instagram. If the name you want isn’t available, try adding some numbers or an underscore to make it unique to you.