Hulu is an American subscription-based video on demand service fully controlled by Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. Its premium streaming service offers some of the latest and greatest TV shows, movies, and more. Once you have a stable internet connection and a device that supports streaming, you’re just ready to get started. They have a variety of subscription plans which are fairly priced. However, sometimes, the service might become unwanted or a financial burden you can’t continue shouldering. The good news is, you’re free to change Hulu plan or cancel your subscription at any time.
Hulu works on a wide range of devices and there are two versions of the Hulu app in use. You can use the current version on most modern devices and a classic Hulu app that doesn’t support its Live TV access irrespective of your subscription. Hulu offers four levels of service for its customers to select from.
The Basic goes for $5.99 per month. Although this is one of the cheapest streaming services available, it offers ad-supported access to all of Hulu’s on-demand programs. This plan is the only Hulu plan with a 30-day free trial. The Hulu Premium subscription goes for $11.99 per month. This plan offers ad-free streaming for the majority of Hulu’s on-demand content.
The Hulu Basic + Live TV subscription goes for $54.99 per month. Yes, you’re thinking in the right direction. This is just a combination of the Hulu basic plan and access to live TV. The live TV has over 60 live channels to stream from. These channels include Disney/ Channel, ESPN, CBS, NBC, Fox, amongst others. The highest plan which also is Hulu’s most expensive plan is the Premium plan + Live TV. The Hulu Premium + Live TV plan costs $60.99 per month. This plan is equally ads free. However, you would still see ads from the live TV channels. The ads from the Live TV section is unavoidable.
|Hulu Plans||Cost||Ads||Live TV|
|Basic + Live TV||$54.99||Yes||Yes|
|Premium + Live TV||$60.99||No||Yes|
Having taken a plan above, you might want to change Hulu plan by way of upgrading or downgrading your service depending on your reasons. Maybe you use the classic Hulu app on a low-end device and it doesn’t support the live TV yet you took a subscription that is supposed to offer you to live stream. Of course, you will be billed at your next cycle irrespective of whether you use the service or not. To prevent this, you can switch between plans to a plan of your choice.
How to Change Hulu Plan
- Sign in to your Hulu account. This is a lot better on a PC, however, you can try it using your mobile device.
- Click on your account icon in the top right-hand corner. It should be the first alphabet of your name placed in a circle if you don’t have a photo.
- Click on the “Account” link from the list of links on the drop-down menu
- Scroll down to the “Your Subscription” section and click the “Manage Plan” link next to your current plan after the web page is fully loaded.
- This should display a list of Hulu subscription plans for you to choose from. Select the toggle button next to the plan that you want.
- After selecting the new plan, click on the “Review Changes” button to switch to your new plan.
- After successfully upgrading or downgrading your plan, you’ll start to enjoy parts of Hulu that weren’t a part of your previous subscription or stop having access to the services you dropped.
Note: Downgrading your Hulu plans does not guarantee you a refund however, it would reduce what you’re billed whenever your subscription renews.