Last Updated on
Running a global facility isn’t as easy as forcing a pregnant elephant through a needle’s eye. To run any website cutting across different regions and languages, you would need to write your codes to meet different locations and their various requirements. Although Facebook is built to automatically switch languages depending on users’ locations, you could also change Facebook Language. So let’s say you’re from an English speaking country but you’re on a vacation somewhere far from home where English is only heard and not understood. Trying to log in the Facebook’s website, you’ll be served in the language for the location Facebook detects. Facebook is a technology that helps people connect with friends and family, find communities, and grow businesses. Out of the 195 existing countries in the world, only China, Iran, Syria, and North Korea have restricted their citizens from Facebook. Observing lately, Facebook has changed its user interface. I’ll be showing how to change Facebook Language via several platforms.
How to change Facebook Language on PC.
There are several ways of changing your Facebook language on PC. This guide would help;
How to change Facebook Language From Login Page.
If you’re accessing Facebook on a PC you’ve not previously used to log in, the first page you would find is the login/registration page. You can change your Facebook’s language here following the steps below;
- At the footer of this page, there is a list of languages.
- Click on one of the languages to switch to that language.
- Clicking on the “+” button beside the list of languages reveals a list of all languages available on the platform.
- This list is also sorted into regions. Clicking on any of the available languages would change your language and when you login, you should retain that language you choose.
How to change Facebook Language From News Feed.
If you’re already logged in to your Facebook account and using the classic interface, you can change your language from your news feed using the following steps;
- Look for the third row of your Facebook’s news feed, besides your news feed.
- You would find a small language column below adverts and directly above the footer links.
- You can easily select a language from there.
- You can also click on the “+” button beside the list of languages reveals a list of all languages available on the platform.
How to change Facebook Language From News Feed.
If you’re on Facebook’s new interface, or still on the classic interface, you can change your Facebook’s language settings from the “Language Settings” page following the steps below:
- Tap the downwards facing triangle on the Facebook navigation bar, it’s in the top right corner of your screen. It should reveal a dropdown menu.
- Look for the “Settings and Privacy” link and click on it.
- Clicking it would reveal other options. Select the “Language” option at the bottom of this menu.
- You can easily evade the steps above by going directly to the “Language Settings” page through this link.
- You should now be on the “Language Settings” page. On this page, you can easily change your Facebook language, set the language you’d like posts to be translated to, and select any languages that you don’t want to be translated this is a great function if you’re bilingual and want to avoid mistranslations of your friend’s posts.
- To change your Facebook language, click “Edit” on the right side.
- Choose your preferred language you’ll want to start using Facebook as from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save Changes” to confirm your change of language.
How to change Facebook Language on Mobile
If you’re accessing Facebook on a mobile device, changing your language is also easy. However, a little variation can still exist.
How to change the language through your Device Settings:
The easiest way to change your language on your mobile app is from the Facebook login screen. Just like on the PC version, on mobile apps, Facebook offers an option to change your language. If this change is made, when you log in your language settings is updated to maintain this setting. Changing your device language settings is also another easy way to change Facebook language settings. Simply follow the steps below;
- Go to your Device settings.
- Navigate to “Language and Input”.
- Choose your preferred device language.
- Close settings and Reopen your mobile Application.
- You’ll get an option to switch to the language on your device or maintain your previous language.
- Accept this change and your Facebook language would be updated.
- You can go back to your device settings and choose another language but your Facebook would stick with the new language.
Note: when you come back to Facebook, you’ll be prompted to switch back. If you decline, you’ll continue using Facebook in the language you last used.
How to change the language through your Facebook app:
So you don’t want to go around messing up your device settings, you can still change the language on your Facebook using your mobile app using the steps below
- Tap on the menu icon at the top right corner of your screen. It’s the three parallel horizontal lines.
- Tap on the “Settings & Privacy” sub-menu. To reveal other options.
- Select “Language.” Option.
- Now choose your language from the list provided. You’ll also have the option to default to your “Device Language,” which can be set in your phone’s settings as described above.
How to Change Language from Facebook on iPhone:
As is Facebook tradition, the login page always has an option to change the language. However, if you’ve signed in, you can change it using the steps below;
- Click the menu icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. It is the three parallel horizontal lines.
- Scroll down and click “Settings & Privacy.” a sub-menu should display.
- Tap on “App Language.”
- Look for the language you want to switch to and tap on it. You can also use the language search to look for the language.
- Your language should change.
Note: Your Facebook app language is set to match your phone language. You can always change device language from your phone’s settings. However, you can manually select your language from the list of languages in the app.
How to change the language through your Mobile Browser:
You can also change your language using your phone through the Facebook website.
- Simply visit Facebook.com on your phone’s web browser.
- Log in using your username and password. If you’re logged in you won’t be required to do this again.
- Click on the menu button at the top right corner of the web page. It’s three horizontal lines on the header just like the mobile app.
- Scroll down to the “Help & Settings” section and select “Language.”
- You should see a list of available languages. Scroll down to the language of your choice from the list. You can also use the language search bar to speed up the process.
- Click on the language you want to use for Facebook and the change will be made.
Facebook has observed that its platform is occupied by many people. They have however made changing of languages easily on all interfaces. Although we understand some users won’t find it easy hence our putting out this guide. Missing something? Leave a comment below.