Last Updated on
So I’m wondering, why would someone be searching for How to Cancel Amazon Prime membership? The Amazon Prime membership offers a lot of benefits for just $119 per year. Wait, just $119? Okay, we’ll all agree this isn’t a sum of money that’s easy to let go. So if you feel the benefits you get from being an amazon prime member isn’t worth it, here is how to cancel Amazon Prime Membership.
The Amazon Prime Membership gives its members the benefits of free and fast shipping for eligible purchases to a wide range of zip codes. Most purchases from the company and some other third-party sellers. It also allows its members access to the streaming of movies, TV shows, and music. Given them exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading on the amazon lending platform, and more. Additionally, students can get a generous price break on many services across the platform. The first 30 days of the yearly subscription is free, after which it attracts a fee of $119 per year or $12.99 per month. additionally, a subscriber can cancel anytime. Amazon Student accounts also get many of the same Prime benefits, and it’s free for the first six months so you might want to go for the Student account after canceling the amazon prime membership
How to cancel your Amazon Prime membership
Canceling your amazon prime membership using can easily be done on your PC or Mac using a browser of your choice. Simply follow the steps below;
- Visit Amazon.com and log into your account.
- At the top right corner of the web page, hover your cursor over your personalized greeting that reads “Account & Lists”.
- A drop-down menu should appear, click on “Your Prime Membership” from the contextual menu. You would be directed to “Your Prime Membership”.
- At The left-hand side of the “Your Prime Membership” page, you’ll find your membership info. This includes your preferred payment card, the date your account is going to be billed next, as well an option to end your membership.
- Locate the “End Membership and Benefits” option on the left side of the page and click it.
- Amazon should serve you adverts in the bid to convince you to stay on board with Prime by reminding you of all the benefits you’ll be missing out on should you decide to go through with the cancellation process. If you still want to cancel, scroll down to the bottom and click on the “I Do Not Want My Benefits” button.
- Amazon will then follow-up asking you to switch from yearly to monthly billing to make to ensure that you don’t cancel your membership.
- Click “Continue to Cancel” and “Cancel Membership” on the next two subsequent screens that appear to cancel your account.
- You should receive an email after your cancellation.
Additionally, customers who have paid for an Amazon Prime membership but have never used their benefits could be eligible for a full refund. However, those who have used the benefits scantily could be eligible for a partial refund based on the remaining time in their membership and their use of said benefits. Also, if you’re not yet paying for Amazon Prime because you’re still in your 30-day free trial period, you would not have been charged for the account and therefore won’t be entitled to any refunds.
If you ever change your mind and feel like you need Amazon Prime again, you can always sign back up with ease. However, there’s a piece of good news though. The good news is that you can also enjoy the benefits of Prime without having to pay $119. As stated above, the Amazon student account gives you the benefit of Amazon prime and you can use the first 6 months of your Student Account entirely free.