Xbox Live is among the world’s most popular multiplayer gaming platforms. The platform currently has around 64 million users monthly. The platform is owned and maintained by the Microsoft Corporation. The Xbox Live Gold is the online gaming subscription service for the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Without an Xbox Live Gold subscription, and Xbox One or Xbox 360 player would not be able to online multiplayer games. As an Xbox Live Gold Member, you are eligible to most advanced multiplayer games, bonus games, and exclusive member discounts in Microsoft Store. With Xbox Live Gold, you can also stay connected with friends, family, and Xbox Live members around the world. However sweet a subscribed service is, there comes a point when the need to cancel pops up. So if you’re thinking of how to cancel Xbox Live Gold subscription, lets dive in.
Wait, before you cancel your Xbox Live Gold subscription, it’ll be necessary to note that you’ll lose access to all your previous benefits of using the service. This means multiplayer, Party Chat and other Xbox Live Gold services will be inaccessible.Also, all previously free titles obtained via Games with Gold would be lost. With that being noted, lets follow up on how to cancel Xbox Live Gold Membership.
How to cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription On your Computer
At the moment, management of any Microsoft controlled subscription can only be done using the Microsoft website.
- On your PC, visit xbox.com on a browser of your choice.
- Log into your account. Using your Microsoft login details.
- Click on your profile picture at the right corner of your screen to reveal a menu.
- Click the ellipses “…” button for a dropdown box to display.
- Click on “Microsoft Settings.”
- On the left-hand side of your screen, you should see a dropdown titled “Xbox Settings.” Click on “Subscriptions.” To visit your subscriptions page.
- On the “Subscriptions” page, scroll down and select Manage” on the Xbox subscription that you wish to cancel.
- After you click “Manage,” select “Cancel.”
Your subscription should be cancelled. Alternatively, you can cancel your subscription directly from the Microsoft website.
- Open your Microsoft account page on a browser. Following https://account.microsoft.com/
- Log in with your Microsoft account where you have the subscription running.
- Click on “Service & subscriptions” tab.
- On the “Service & subscriptions” tab, search for your “Xbox Live Gold”
- Click on “Manage”.
- Locate “Turn off auto-renew” and click on it.
- Select “Confirm cancellation”.
You should get an email notifying you of a successful cancellation.
How to Cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription from the Xbox 360 console
To cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription using your Xbox One, the following steps would help.
- Turn on your Xbox console, select “Accounts” in the Settings menu.
- Select the “Subscriptions” options.
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel and press “A”.
- You would be directed to the “Payment and Billing” section, click on “Manage” then select “Cancel Subscription”. Your Xbox subscription will now be cancelled.
How to cancel Xbox Live Gold Subscription using a third party service (DoNotPay)
DoNotPay is the first Artificial Intelligence Robot lawyer. Available in the US and UK. If you feel Cancelling Xbox Live on your own would take you some time, cancelling the service with the DoNotPay app won’t. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open the DoNotPay app using a web browser. [https://donotpay.com]
- You can also download the free iOS version of the app from the App Store.
- Tap on ‘Find Hidden Money’
- Type in “Xbox Live” as the service you want to cancel.
As soon as the cancellation of your Xbox Live subscription is successful, we would be notified via email.
How to stop Xbox Live auto-renewal
So you’ve got the Xbox Live subscription auto-renewing on your account. The Xbox Live Gold costs $9.99 per month, $24.99 for three months, or $59.99 a year. Then there’s also the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription for $14.99 a month. Even the smallest subscription amount isn’t an easy fund to part with. So it’s understandable if you don’t want these happening on your watch. Simply use the following steps.
- Sign in to Xbox with your Microsoft account using a browser of your choice.
- Locate the service that you want to prevent from auto-renewing. In this case, it is the “Xbox Live Gold”.
- Click “Turn off auto-renew”.
- Click “Confirm”.
Note: When you cancel your Xbox Live Gold Subscription, you would still be able to use the service till your plan expires. However, you’ll be able to re-subscribe at any time you need the service.