CuriosityStream is a premium video-on-demand streaming service that has been active since 2015. It focuses on non-fictional science, nature, history, technology, society and lifestyle videos. Streaming on CuriosityStream starts at $2.99 per month for high-definition and $9.99 per month for ultra-high-definition 4K. With any of the available subscriptions, you can stream unlimitedly on CuriosityStream for a month. However, like any other subscription-based platform, CuriosityStream would bill you at the end of your billing cycle whether or not the service was used. To evade this billing recurring, it is advised to cancel any subscription that isn’t being used. Owing to this, I’ll be talking on How to Cancel Your CuriosityStream Subscription.
It is worth knowing that you could subscribe for CuriosityStream on several platforms. These include google play, iTunes, Roku, amazon etc. To cancel any subscription, however, requires you cancel the subscription on the same platform it was made. Every platform has a different way to cancel their subscription So this post is written to cover all channels of subscription we are aware of. Simply navigate to the channel you made your through to know how to cancel on that platform.
How to Cancel Your Subscription Made through CuriosityStream
To cancel a subscription made on the CuriosityStream website, you’ll need to visit the CuriosityStream website.
- Log into your account that you made the subscription on.
- Click your name at the top-right hand of your screen.
- Select My Account from the drop-down menu that displays.
- You can also access your account directly by visiting http://app.curiositystream.com/profile.
- On your account page, you’ll see a link that says “Cancel Plan” in the Plan Details section. Beside your subscription. Click this link.
- A pop-up window should then appear, verifying why you want to cancel.
- Tick on at least one of these boxes and the “Cancel Subscription” button would become active.
- Click on the “Cancel Subscription” and wait for a confirmation message with the caption “Plan Cancelled”.
- Viola! You have successfully cancelled your CuriosityStream subscription and won’t be billed again. However, if you decide to use CuriosityStream service again, all you have to do is sign in to your account and choose a plan and a method of payment.
How to Cancel my subscription through iTunes App Store (iPhone or iPad)
To cancel a CuriosityStream subscription made on iPhones or iPads using the iTunes payment, you’ll need the CuriosityStream iOS application. If you’ve deleted it, kindly re-download it here.
- Open the CuriosityStream App on your device.
- Check for the app “Settings”at the bottom right of the app. Select the Settings one you see it.
- Tap on “Manage Account”. The account profile should redirect you to your iTunes account where your subscription details are located.
- Select “CuriosityStream”.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”and follow instructions to confirm your selection. (If there is a message at the bottom of the screen that reads “Select an option to re-subscribe,” you have already unsubscribed and the app expiration date should be visible.)
- Select “Done”to save changes.
How to Cancel my subscription through Google Play Store (Android)
Just like unsubscribing on iOS, you may need the CuriosityStream app on your android device. You can download it from Google play.
- Launch the CuriosityStream App on your android phone.
- Check for “Settings”on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Select “Manage Account”and you would be automatically redirected to your Google Play account where your subscription details are.
- Under “Subscriptions”,locate “CuriosityStream”.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription”and follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.
You can equally cancel your CuriosityStream subscription made on your own android device using your PC. So if you don’t have access to android devices anymore and need to end the subscription. The following steps are for you.
- Visit the Google Play website (https://play.google.com).
- Sign in to your Google account or verify if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Remember, it should be the account you used when making the subscription.
- On the left panel with several links, click on “My subscriptions”.
- You should be taken to a page with a list of all subscriptions you have. Select “CuriosityStream” as it is the subscription to be cancelled.
- Click on “Manage” and then “Cancel Subscription” and the process is done.
How to Cancel my subscription through Roku
The procedure to cancel your Roku subscription is relatively easy.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home
- Use the directions pad to navigate the channel grid and highlight the CuriosityStream channel. The directions pad is the plus-shaped group of buttons at the centre of your Roku remote.
- Press the Start button on your remote to open the CuriosityStream options menu.
- Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access other options.
- To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message should appear showing how long you can continue having to access the content and services.
- Confirm you’re cancelling your subscription by selecting Cancel subscription. A new message would appear confirming the cancellation, along with a reminder of the date you would stop having access to the subscription.
- Select Done to save changes.
How to Cancel Curiositystream subscription through Amazon
To cancel your CuriosityStream subscription mad through the Amazon Appstore on an Android device,
- Launch the Amazon Appstore application.
- In the Appstore menu, select “Subscriptions”.
- On the My Subscriptions screen, you should find and tap on “CuriosityStream Subscription”.
- You can now turn auto-renewal off to cancel your subscription.
How to cancel a Kindle Fire subscription
- From your Kindle Fire Home Screen, select “Apps”.
- Select “Store”.
- In the store menu, select “My Subscriptions”.
- Select “CuriosityStream”.
- Turn auto-renewal off to cancel your subscription.
Whenever you cancel your CuriosityStream subscription, you would still have access to all CuriosityStream features and content until the next billing cycle. There is no fee or penalty for cancellation, and CuriosityStream does not offer refunds.