Last Updated on
Feeling motivated or searching for inspiration? Books are undoubtedly the best source of inspiration. You don’t need to have access to the authors of any book to get motivated by whatever the content of such a piece is. However, the life of every human gets too busy some times that you wish you could split up into a thousand places to handle all these tasks at once. So I know you need to read this bestseller you got from a rental service but you still need to drive a long way. You would have loved a companion reading this book to you while you do something else but there’s no one around. Even if you felt like hiring a reader to help out, the bills aren’t as affordable as you could imagine. So you heard of audible, grabbed your audiobook and now you’re billed monthly while you hardly use the service anymore. Yeah, I understand this can be painful so I’ll love to share with you how to cancel Audible membership.
Anyways for those who are unaware of what Audible is or how it works, Audible is an audiobook service. They make and sell spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational materials. They also sell digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers. The audible membership allows you to listen to as many audiobooks as possible for a monthly subscription. Their subscription costs go for $14.95 per month however, they have a 30 day free trial for their new subscribers.
During the sign up for the 30 days trial, you would be required to input your credit card details. This card would automatically be billed at the start of the next billing cycle. To prevent this, it is advised to cancel your Audible membership. When you cancel your Audible membership, you would retain all audiobooks in your account however it is advised to use your available credits or lose them.
How to Cancel Audible Membership
- The first step to cancelling your Audible subscription is logging into your Audible account.
- It is necessary to note that your audible account is different from your amazon account. Although you could share same sign in details across platforms, you should be logging in on audible not amazon.
- After logging in, click on “Account Details”.
- Select “Account Settings“.
- Click on “Cancel My Membership” at the bottom of the page.
- At this point, you would likely see an advert asking you to stay a little longer at a discounted rate. You could take this offer if you need it however if you need to cancel click “No thanks, continue cancelling.”.
- You would be required to select a reason why you’re cancelling your membership. After that click on “Finish cancelling“.
- You should be greeted with a message that says “We’re sorry to see you go. Your membership has been cancelled.” You should also get an Email from audible telling you that your subscription was cancelled successfully.
How to Cancel Audible for someone else
So you have a relative or spouse who is incapacitated, audible would never know this or cancel on their behalf. Although the service isn’t used by them, since the audible account is subscription-based, they’ll get billed monthly. However, Audible has made the process easier for people who need to make a cancellation. All you need is the person’s full name, email, and the billing address on their Audible account. With this information, contact Audible Customer service. You can contact them via email, calls or using their quick chat service. You would be required to undertake certain steps and the membership would be terminated as well as their account deleted.
It is, however, important to have other documents like Death Certificate or an ID to hasten the process.