Last Updated on
Cancelling Apple Music subscription on iPhone, iPad, or Mac is relatively easy to pull off when compared to a few other kinds of music streaming platforms. However, it’s understandable that not everyone wants to take the step of trial and error while learning or trying to accomplish a task. if you fall into this category, this guide would walk you step-by-step on How to cancel Apple Music subscription using your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Apple Music is subscription-based music and video streaming service developed and maintained by Apple Inc.
On Apple Music, users can select music to stream on their device on-demand. They can also listen to existing, curated playlists. The service also has an over-the-top radio station Beats 1 that broadcasts live in over 160 countries 24 hours a day. Apple Music is available in iTunes and has native apps for iOS and Android devices. The service pricing starts at $4.99 per month. However, Apple gives its new users a free 3-month trial. The streaming service is worth it but sometimes, it isn’t just about the value you’re getting.
It’s also necessary checking one’s ability to push out this amount of money every month. besides, the services might not meet your standards as you’ve probably found another streaming platform. Whatever the case may be, cancelling your subscription is necessary to pause the billing on your account. Well here’s a guide on how to cancel your Apple Music subscription on different platforms.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on iPhone or iPad
You can easily cancel most subscriptions on your iOS from your app store. The Apple Music subscription isn’t left out.
- Open the “App Store” on your iPhone or iPad. It is easy to locate from your apps list.
- Tap on your “Apple Avatar” at the top-right corner of the app’s window.
- Tap on the “Manage Subscriptions” column.
- You should see a list of all subscriptions running on your account. Scroll down and select “Apple Music Membership”. It should be under your “Active Subscriptions” If it’s not here, check the list of expired subscriptions to verify if the service has stopped running.
- From the “Edit Subscription” window select the red “Cancel Subscription” inscription at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button in the pop-up to confirm you’re cancelling.
Note: You can equally change or make adjustments to your subscription plan. If you’re on individual membership and you want to upgrade to a family membership, you would find both subscription options on this page. You can make this change by tapping on the option.
Also, like most subscription-based services, when you cancel your Apple Music subscription, you would still be able to use the service until the end of your current subscription. So if you’re on the free trial or your billing cycle still has time left but you don’t wish to renew, you can still cancel and continue using the service till your next billing cycle starts.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on Mac
To cancel Apple Music subscription on your pc or mac, you’ll need to do it through the iTunes software.
- If you’ve got iTunes installed, launch it on your Mac or PC. If you don’t have the app, you can get it from the iTunes website.
- From the menu bar, click on “Account” to go to the Account menu.
- In the contextual menu, click on “View My Account”.
- Log in using your “Apple ID” and “password”. It should be the account you signed into when making the subscription.
- Scroll down to “Subscriptions” and click on “Manage”.
- Locate the “Apple Music subscription” and click “Edit” beside it.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” and Confirm the cancellation.
Cancelling the Apple Music subscription is an easy and straightforward process. So if you’re not satisfied with it or you recently started using a service that offers more, the steps above should do just fine. We’ve done our best to ensure this guide is correct but if you’ve got something to point out, let us know using the comments below.