Last Updated on
So you’ve placed an order for a product you thought you needed and you’ve changed your mind? I’m guessing you’re wondering How To Cancel Amazon order and save that cash. Amazon.com is a multinational e-commerce platform with its head office located in Seattle. Although its focus is on e-commerce, Amazon also offers cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence services. Amazon is one of the Big Four technology companies, being Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. Amazon was launched in May 1996 and since then, it has become the largest online e-commerce retail stores.
The company is also one of the most powerful brands in the world. However, there are so many reasons why someone would want to cancel an order placed on Amazon. You might have found a better cut on a different platform or not in need of the package. Whichever the case may be, this guide on how to cancel Amazon order would help you get an amazon order cancelled successfully.
How to cancel an Amazon order
Cancelling an order on Amazon is easy in as much as the package hasn’t been delivered.
Cancel Amazon Order
- Simply log in to your Amazon account on amazon.com.
- At the top-right corner of the screen after logging in, hovers your mouse over the “Your Account” menu.
- Scroll down to “Your Orders” and click on the option.
- You’ll be taken to your order summary page with a list of all your orders. Locate the order you want to cancel.
- On the right side of the order, You’ll see an option says “Cancel item”. That’s the option you’ll be clicking on.
- After clicking it, you’ll be taken to a page where you’ll know if cancelling the shipping of that product is still available or not.
- On this page, if the product is eligible for cancelling, Scroll down and select your reason for cancellation from the dropdown menu. Although choosing a reason for cancellation isn’t compulsory.
- After selecting your reason, click the “Cancel selected items” button at the bottom right of your screen.
- The cancellation process is done.
How to Cancel Amazon Order Using the Amazon mobile App
- Open your mobile app.
- Go to the top left part of your screen and tap on “Your Orders”.
- Choose the item that you want to cancel and then select “view order details”.
- Tap “cancel items”.
- Choose the reason for cancellation from the dropdown menu.
- Tap “cancel checked items”
After a few minutes of initiating the cancellation process, you should receive an email with the details of your cancellation request. You should also get another email alerting you if your cancellation request was successful or not. Although if the request was successful, you would have already been informed on the website at the time of making the request.
So what if your purchased item wasn’t successfully cancelled? I’m guessing that’s the question in your head. Good news is you don’t have to keep a good you don’t need. Amazon has an amazing return policy. You can always begin a return process if your unwanted order couldn’t be cancelled and was delivered to you.
How to Return an Item to Amazon
So the item has arrived at your doorstep, it is very easy to push it back to the Amazon store.
- After logging in to your Amazon account, click on “Orders”
- Select the item you purchased that you wish to return to amazon.
- You’ll be required to specify a reason why you want to return the item.
- After choosing your reason, select a drop-off location that supports label-free or box-free returns.
- A QR code would be sent to you.
- Take the code and the item you want to return to the drop-off location.
- You should get cleared and after some days, you get your full refund.
However, if you might need this good in future, there’s no need to go through this stress. It would be advisable to keep the good – so long as it isn’t a perishable item. Also, keeping the item would save you from waiting out the shipping in future.