Mathway is an application that provides answers to several types of mathematical problems. At the moment, they offer step by step solutions to problems on Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus, Calculus, Statistics, Finite Math, Linear Algebra, Chemistry, and Graphing.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a secondary school student or a university candidate, Mathway offers a solution to those challenging equation for free. They offer quick and accurate answers to the mathematical problems you input either by typing or snapping.
Having applications for Android and iOS, as well as a web app on the home page of its official website. The good news is their apps can work offline and is extremely good at providing answers. However, if you would like to receive the step-by-step work and explanations as well, you would have to upgrade to the Mathway step-by-step subscription for a token.
The Mathway step-by-step subscription starts at $9.99/month and goes for $39.99/year. Giving you over 60% off if you take the yearly subscription.
Interested in the MathWay step-by-step subscription?
You can subscribe from within your MathWay application. Subscribing on one platform still gives you step-by-step access on all other platforms your account is signed in to. That is to say, if you upgraded on an Android using Google Play Payment option, you are still able to use its step-by-step functionality on their website or your iPhone. The only requirement is that you log in to the same account on those other platforms. Apart from having your problem solved and displayed step by step, making a subscription gives you access to asking experts questions.
How to Subscribe for MathWay on Android and iPhone and iPad (iOS)
The Mathway applications for android and iOS share a similar interface. This is why I’ll be carrying out the tutorial once for both platforms.
- Firstly, you need to open the MathWay application.
- You can download the application from Google Play Store or App Store.
- After opening the application it is advisable to sign in to your MathWay account or create one of you haven’t. This would enable you to use the same account across other platforms.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen to reveal a list of options.
- Tap on “Sign in” if you’re yet to log in or sign up for their service. Login with your details.
- If you’ve signed in, clicking on the gear icon and selecting “Upgrade” takes you to a page.
- On the new page, you have to choose between monthly payment at $9.99/month and yearly payment at $39.99/year.
- After choosing the billing plan, click on “GO PREMIUM”.
- For Android Users; a pop up appears for you to pay using Google play. If you’ve not made a payment using Google play before, you’ll be required to add a credit or debit card and save before completing the purchase.
- For iOS Users, a pop up appears for payment using iTunes.
- Immediately after payment, your subscription would be activated.
How to Subscribe for MathWay on their website
To make a subscription for MathWay on their website, the following steps would guide you;
- log on to mathway.com.
- Click on the three dots at the top right hand of the web page.
- Select the upgrade link. If you’re not logged in, a pop up shows for you to sign up or log in to your account.
- Immediately after logging in, a pop-up shows to select between monthly/yearly billing.
- After selecting the billing cycle and choice of currency, click the “GO PREMIUM”.
- You’re instantly given a list of payment options. On their website, Mathway supports payments using PayPal, amazon pay, and on their card payment options like the Visa Card, MasterCard, Discover, etc.
- Select your choice of payment method, make payments, and your subscription is fully activated.
Note: Mathway offers a 7-day refund policy from the date of subscription. So if you don’t feel satisfied with their service, you can cancel and get a full refund.
How to Cancel your existing MathWay subscription
MathWay is a subscription-based service. As such after the initial payment, your subscription to the service is automatically renewed. It’s however awful that auto-renewal is non-refundable. Making it a necessity to cancel subscriptions before they expire. When you cancel a subscription, you still have access to the services till the start of your next billing cycle.
Canceling subscription varies on different platforms. Subscription purchased through the mobile app must be canceled through the app store on the mobile device. I’ll, therefore, be covering how to cancel subscriptions based on your platform.
How to Cancel Subscription made on Android
If you made a MathWay subscription on android and you want to cancel, please take the following steps.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store application.
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account. Ensure you’re logged into the same account you used when you were subscribing for the service else the subscription won’t be available.
- Tap Menu (the three vertical dots in the upper-left corner of the play application.)
- Select the “Subscriptions” option. A list of all subscriptions you’ve made should now appear.
- Select “Google *Mathway” because it is the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap on “Cancel subscription”.
- There would be some directives, follow the instructions to cancel the subscription.
You can still cancel a subscription you made for MathWay on Android using your PC. Maybe you don’t have access to android devices anymore but need to end the subscription. The following steps are for you.
- Log on to the Google Play website (https://play.google.com).
- Sign in your Google account or verify if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Remember, it has to be the account you used when making the subscription.
- On your left, there is a panel with a list of important links. Click on “My subscriptions”.
- You should be taken to a page with a list of all subscriptions you have. Select the “Google *Mathway” to cancel.
- Click on “Manage” and then “Cancel Subscription” and the process is done.
Please note that; uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Subscription made on iPhone, iPad (iOS)
To cancel a subscription made on ios devices including iPad, and iPhones, please follow the following steps;
- Open your mobile Settings app. It should be among your list of applications.
- Tap on your name.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- If you don’t see “Subscriptions,” tap “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then select your Apple ID. Tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to “Subscriptions”, and tap Subscriptions.
- Tap “Mathway – iTunes”. It is the subscription you want to manage.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription”.
NB: If you don’t see “Cancel Subscription” means the subscription has already been canceled and won’t get renewed automatically.
However, if you prefer to review or cancel the subscriptions on your Mac, you can do with iTunes with the following steps:
- Open your “iTunes” application and click on “Account”
- Select the “View My Account” option.
- Sign in with your Apple ID (if you’ve not previously signed in) and click View Account.
- Scroll down to Settings and click Manage next to Subscriptions.
- Scroll to “Mathway – iTunes” and click where it says Edit next to it.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” to cancel the subscription.
- You’ll see a pop-up highlighting the end of your current subscription period, and you can click Confirm to complete the cancellation.
Once again, you can still use your subscription until the current subscription period ends.
How to Cancel MathWay Subscription Purchased through the website (www.mathway.com)
If you made the subscription on the MathWay website, this option is for you. To cancel your subscriptions simply do the following.
- Log in to your account on www.mathway.com
- Tap on the human figure icon (on the top right-hand corner of your screen). You would be directed to the MathWay settings page.
- Under the “Account” section, click the “Cancel Subscription” link.
Having trouble finding the ‘Cancel subscription’?
You’ve tried the steps listed above and the option to cancel subscription isn’t available in your account? You might have upgraded using another email address. You can only cancel a subscription if you’re signed in using the email address you used to make the subscription.
How To determine the Channel you used to make the subscription.
Since you can only cancel a subscription on the same channel used in making the subscription. What happens if you don’t remember where you made the subscription? Well, if you check your most recent billing, the source of your subscription would indicate the following:
“Mathway” – indicates you made the purchase through the website. Therefore you can cancel it from their website.
“Google *Mathway” – indicates you purchased the subscription through the Android app via Google Play. To cancel the subscription, take the steps showed above.
“Mathway – iTunes” – indicates you purchased on the iOS app paying via iTunes. To cancel, follow the steps above.