In addition to other everyday steps recommended by Health authorities to preventing COVID-19, keeping Social distancing is, perhaps, one of the most effective ways to curb the spread of the Covid19 Pandemic. This, perhaps, explains why we have noticed a huge increase in the usage of video conferencing services and apps, which is partly why the Facebook-owned Social media platform – WhatsApp has now rolled out a new update that makes it easier connecting over Voice and Video with your friends, loved ones or co-workers.
Without mincing words, Whatsapp is, perhaps, one of the widely used, most secured and user-friendly apps that connect you with your families via instant messaging, voice, and even video calls. Well, for fans of the popular cross-messaging platform, the Facebook-owned app has just announced a new feature that makes it a lot easier connecting with friends. It announced earlier this week that it has rolled out a new feature that group video and voice calling a lot easier,
While users could before now make voice and video group call by starting a 1:1 video call, then add participants, the new update allows you to make a Video group call with the tap of a button – making the process hassle-free. The is a limitation, however, as the new update only works with a group with a maximum of 4 or less than 4 members. The update now allows a group member to kick-start a Video call by tapping on the video or voice calling option to place a video call to the entire or selected group members.
What are the limitations of WhatsApp Group call?
How to Make Whatsapp group the tap of a button
First off, the new update isn’t available to everyone yet. You must update your Whatsapp app both on Android and ios to the latest version. Before you initiate a voice or video call on Whatsapp, it is recommended to you have a or remain connected to a nearby Wi-Fi if any as a good or bad connection could largely impact the quality of the video or voice call.
That said, the steps involved in making a video call on both Whatsapp for Android and ios apps are largely the same, even though both interfaces look different. We would be exploring three different ways you can make Whatsapp group call on both platforms.
How to make Video group call from a group chat:
This perhaps is the easiest way to make group video and voice calls on Whatsapp. The process is very basic, and much more the same on Whatsapp for Android and ios.
- Fire up your Whatsapp app and tap “Chats” located to the left hand side of your screen and then select a group conversation to open it
- Tap on the button with phone and a plus sign in the top-right corner next to the three dots
- The names of the members of the group chat will pop up. Search through, and select whoever you wish to call
- Tap the video button to start a video call or the phone button to start an audio call
We’ve made it easier than ever to start a group call from WhatsApp for groups of 4 or less. From your group chat tap the video or voice call icon to directly start a call with everyone in the chat! 🙌
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) April 7, 2020
How to make Group call from your app’s “Calls” section:
Making WhatsApp Video call from your app’s call section is, simply, straight forward as you only need to tap a few buttons.
- Open up your Whatsapp app
- Proceed by tapping on“Calls” tab on the right side of your app
- Look out for and click on the button with a phone and a plus sign – this you can see in the top-right corner of the screen or the BOTTOM right hand corner, depends on your UI.
- Tap on “New Group Call”
- This will open up a list of your contacts, scroll through and select the number of contacts you wish to call
- Tap the phone button to start an audio call or the video button to start a video call.