When you work or study from home, it can be difficult to find a private place to hold video meetings or participate in online lessons. Adding a Zoom background image is a good way to keep your meeting background free from distraction.
Fortunately, the popular Zoom Phone app has a feature that can help make your calls more likely. On both the desktop and mobile versions of the app, you can change your wallpaper to take you to a deserted island or a comic strip. Zoom allows you to use custom still images as well as videos for your background, which can lead to some very cool memes to enjoy your colleagues.
While we take you through a complete guide on how to change your Zoom background image, we’ve also compiled a list of free Zoom background image options to choose from for the upcoming Zoom meeting, online classroom, or virtual happy hour. Keep reading for more.
How to change background zoom
For several reasons, people who join Zoom Meetings from Home may not want to display their background during a live video conference. College-leading Zoom meetings with students or colleagues are urged not to request video in meetings. As an alternative to viewing the room you are in, Zoom allows users to turn off the video, which is one way to reduce the total bandwidth of a class meeting or replace their background with an image or video.
Before you do anything, make sure your total workspace is well lit but not too bright. In general, people will rely on a built-in portable camera or surveillance camera for web conferencing, but if you are used to video conferencing, you might consider purchasing an external web camera for use in meetings.
Using a green screen – a green background often used for professional video recording – gives a uniform green or blue color that sometimes works well with any background or by itself.
How to change the background of the zoom on the desktop
- Download the Zoom Desktop client to a Mac or Windows computer.
- Open the app and log in to your Zoom account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner to go to settings.
- In the left menu, click the default background.
- Select one of the default background images for Zoom or click the + icon to upload your picture.
- During a Zoom meeting, click the ^ arrow next to Stop Video and click Choose Virtual Background… to change or turn off the Zoom background.
- You can also delete or get rid of any photo you uploaded, just tap the X in their top left corner.
How to change your Zoom background on the Zoom mobile app
Changing your Zoom background image on your Zoom mobile is more or less the same as changing it on your Mac or PC.
- Open the Zoom mobile app for Android or ios, and log into your account and join a meeting
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right of the screen
- Doing that will open up a More menu.
- Tap Virtual Background.
- Select a background from the default options, or upload your own.
Free virtual Zoom wallpapers
Zoom offers some default image options to choose from, but it also allows you to upload your photo. Here are some free virtual background images you can try for the upcoming Zoom meeting.
- Office Zoom Background
While you cannot be in your office, join your next meeting from the office. Use this background image from the exhibition conference room for your video conferencing.
- Parks background zoom
If you are ready to replace your background with a scene that gives you a nostalgic feeling, then this background is for you. This virtual background magnification of parks and entertainment affords you the luxury of balancing between work and life.
- Marvel Zoom wallpaper
Whether you are a fan of classic comics or new Avengers movies, there is a Marvel Zoom wallpaper for you. It allows you to call from the iconic sight of your cherished or preferred superhero movies.
- Disney Pixar Zoom wallpaper
There are so many great Pixar movies, and it’s hard to pick a favorite. Fortunately, Pixar Animation Studios have shared Zoom wallpapers of some of the most popular animated films, such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Up and Ratatouille.
- Carnegie Zoom Hall wallpaper
Work from one of the most prestigious concert halls in the world. Whether you prefer to shine on stage, or feel more comfortable with the audience, Carnegie Hall has an enlarged background that suits your style.