Chinese smartphone major Xiaomi earlier today announced the much-rumored and talked about flagship smartphones – the Redmi K30 Pro, and K30 Pro Zoom following the launch of the Redmi K30 earlier this year. Both devices, much like the K20 Pro come with top of the range specs all encased in a beautiful form factor.
Unlike the previous year, however, the Chinese firm today launched two variants of the K30 Pro – a standard Redmi K30 Pro, and a K30 Pro Zoom Edition which highlights strong photographic prowess. Both devices are, however, more or less the same, except for a slight difference in the rear camera setup.
The Redmi K30 Pro comes with an upgrade in the design over the K20 Pro. It drops the vertical rear camera design for a circular camera module with four lenses arranged in a square, while it retains the pop-up camera setup for selfies and video calls. It also features a 3.5mm port, as well as, an in-display fingerprint sensor by Goodix.
On the display front, both devices come with a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display devoid of any form of notch or cut-out. Instead, they feature a motorized pop-up solution for the 20MP selfie cam. Unlike a number of flagship devices with 90Hz/120Hz refresh rate we have seen this year so far, the Redmi K30 Pro and the Zoom edition make do with 60Hz refresh rate. However, the display supports HDR10+ and has a 180Hz touch response rate. Under the hood, the Redmi K30 Pro and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition are both powered by the top range SoC from Qualcomm – the Snapdragon 865 processor complete with X55 modem for 5G connectivity.
For photographic functions, the Redmi K30 Pro and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition both get a Quad-camera module in a circular setup. There is a 64MP Sony IMX686 main camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), a 13MP ultrawide snapper, a 5MP macro shooter and a 2MP depth helper for the standard Redmi K30 Pro, while the Zoom edition drops the 5MP macro cam for an 8MP tele shooter with OIS capable of 3x optical and up to 30x hybrid zoom. Both K30 Pro variants are able to record 8K video and are fitted with 20MP pop-up selfie cameras.
The K30 Pro smartphones are both powered by a 4700mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging that can charge the phone fully in 63 minutes. On the software front, the device comes loaded with MIUI 11 based on Android 10.
Redmi K30 Pro and K30 Pro Zoom Edition Pricing and availability
The Redmi K30 Pro is available in grey, purple, white and blue color options, and is at the moment open for pre-order in China with official sales tipping off on April 4. The device should be arriving other markets like India soon, though with no specific date yet, while it might be rebranded for Europe in the coming months.
The K30 Pro has a starting price of CNY 2,999($425) for the base variant with 6/128GB config, CNY 3,399 ($480) for the 8/128GB model, and CNY 3,699($520) for the 8/256GB version. The K30 Pro Zoom, on the other hand, starts at CNY 3,799 ($535), while the 8/256GB model will go for CNY 3,999 ($565).
Redmi K30 Pro / K30 Pro Zoom Edition specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 1200nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- Redmi K30 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- Redmi K30 Pro zoom edition – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, OIS, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom, OIS, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens,2MP depth of field lens with 1.75 μm, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps slow motion at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 120fps slow motion
- Water resistant (IP53)
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, 1216 speaker
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4700mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging