Chinese brand Oppo earlier today officially announced a new camera-focused smartphone in India. Dubbed the Oppo Reno 3 Pro, the newly announced smartphone is the latest in the Oppo ‘Reno series’, and is quite different from the 5G enabled Reno 3 Pro announced earlier in China.
Unlike the Chinese variant with 5G and SD 765, the Indian only Oppo Reno 3 Pro features the latest MediaTek Helio P95 chipset and also packs a total of six cameras. Available in “Auroral Blue, Midnight Black” and sunrise-pink-ish “Sky White” variants, the Reno 3 Pro comes in at 8.1mm thick and 175g. It gets a gradient finish and is fitted with a number of cameras on both sides.
On the display front, the device features a 6.4-inch 20:9 1080p OLED panel with an in-display fingerprint sensor and a pill-shaped hole-punch cutout for two camera modules, while a quad-camera setup resides on the flip side. Speaking of the front cameras, the Oppo Reno 3 Pro boasts of a 44-megapixel sensor, making it the world’s first device to get such a sensor which is backed with a 2-megapixel sensor for depth-of-field information. On the flip side, there are a total of four cameras – a 48-megapixel primary sensor assisted by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens for shooting macro images, a 13-megapixel telephoto lens capable of 2x optical zoom, 5x hybrid optical zoom and up to 20x digital zoom, and a last 2-megapixel mono camera. It comes with Ultra Steady Video 2.0 with EIS.
The Oppo Reno3 Pro drops Snapdragon 765G chipset for MediaTek’s Helio P95 chipset, so the latest device is basically a 4G smartphone.
Powered by a 4,025mAh battery with 30W Oppo’s VOOC 4.0 system, the Reno 3 Pro is available only in 8GB of RAM, with 128GB or 256GB of expandable storage, dual SIM slots as well as a separate microSD slot, and a headphone jack. It boots Android 10 with ColorOS 7 out of the box.
You can already pre-order the Oppo Reno 3 Pro from Flipkart and Amazon.in as well as other online and offline stores, though actual sales won’t begin until March 6th. The base variant with 128GB is priced at Rs. 29,990 ($415), while the 256GB model will cost Rs. 32,990 ($455) but is only listed as “coming soon.”
OPPO Reno 3 Pro specifications
- 6.4-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) 20:9 Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P95 12nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with IMG PowerVR GM 9446 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 7 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119.9° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, EIS, 13MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom, 5x hybrid optical zoom and up to 20x digital zoom, 2MP mono lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1/5″ Sensor, 1.75um large pixels
- 44MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture for portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 73.4 x 8.1mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4025mAh battery (typical) / 3935mAh (minimum) with 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 fast charging