Chinese phone maker Nubia has just updated its nubia Red Magic gaming phone series with the launch of the Nubia Red Magic 5G gaming smartphone in China. As well as featuring a stylish and minimalistic design, the Nubia Red Magic 5G gaming phone comes packed with some exciting and fascinating features.
While gaming smartphones are designed to withstand the intense gaming thrown at them, the Nubia Red Magic combines that with a stylish design devoid of any unattractive features. At the back, there is a triple camera setup coupled with a number of lines as well as colors that makes the device so attractive. This design choice may mean a user won’t have any need for a phone case. You can get the Nubia Red Magic 5G in Cyber Neon, Iron Man-inspired Mars Red, or the classic Hacker Black color variant, although there is also a transparent edition with a design that allows you see the built-in cooling fan do its job.
Other than the design, the Nubia Red Magic 5G highlights a highly sophisticated active air-cooling system that combines a spinning fan with a heat-sink chamber, which nubia claims can reduce the CPU temperature by up to 18°C. The cooling solution also kicks in while the phone is charging at its peak 55W speeds to prevent any overheating issues and ensure even faster top-ups. It also uses a dual IC game Shoulder Trigger Buttons with 300Hz touch refresh rate and down to 2ms touch delay. On the left-hand side, the device gets a set of 7 contact pins which when docked allows you to charge, connect earphones and also connect a network cable all at the same time.
On the display front, the Red Magic 5G phone comes fitted with a 6.65-inch FHD+ (2340x1080pixels) AMOLED panel with a 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch-sensing which should ensure buttery-smooth interaction and gaming on supported titles. It boasts of a biometric In-screen Fingerprint scanner as well as a 12Mp camera fitted into the sleek top bezel.
Of course, the device is powered by Qualcomm’s latest SoC – the snapdragon 865 chipset with the X55 modem up to 16GB RAM and up to 256GB of storage. It is stuffed with a 4,500mAh battery, while it boots Android 10 with Red Magic OS out of the box.
The first sale is scheduled for March 19 in China, with pre-orders already in progress, while it will be released globally later in April. In terms of pricing, the Nubia Red Magic 5G starts at CNY3,799 ($540) in China. You can see below for the full pricing.
Nubia RedMagic 5G specifications
- 6.65-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB /12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 10 with Redmagic OS
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions:168.56×78×9.75mm ; Weight: 218g
- 5G NSA & SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 55W fast charging