Chinese smartphone maker Oppo has today announced the Oppo Find X2 nearly 2 years after the original Oppo Find X arrived. The new flagship from the BBK backed company comes in the form of a standard Oppo Find X2, and the Find X2 Pro. Both devices share the same design, dropping the still-unique motorized sliding mechanism that helped Oppo achieve a notch-less display for a punch hole on the screen. That notwithstanding, both devices qualify to be named Oppo’s sleekest, fastest, most premium so far released to stand against the likes of the Galaxy S20 and Huawei’s Mate 30 series.
To set the record straight, the Oppo Find X2 and the Pro variant are basically the same devices, though the X2 Pro is unarguably the most capable as it boasts a more capable telephoto camera and a slightly larger battery with fast charging.
Delving into the details, the Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro both come fitted with a 6.7 inches display. Both deliver a crisp1080 x 3168 pixels quad HD+ resolution with a tall aspect ratio of 21:9 as well as an embedded fingerprint sensor. Notably, these devices are HDR10+, and like most recent flagship devices, they both support a 120Hz refresh rate with a dedicated custom chip under the screen for image processing.
Under the hood, the Oppo Find X2 and Find X2 Pro come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor complete with 5G modem, 12GB of RAM, 256GB/ 512GB of storage, while they boot ColorOS 7.1, based on Android 10 out of the box. The regular Find X2 has a 4200mAh battery, with the X2 Pro getting an additional 60mAh cell totaling 4,260mAh both with support for Oppo’s SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging, which in this case is said to provide a full charge in 38 minutes. There’s still no wireless charging, unfortunately.
Speaking of the camera specs, the Oppo Find X2 and Find X2 Pro both get a triple rear camera as well as a single camera situated with a punch hole. For the regular Find X2, there is a main and new 48MP 1/43″ Sony IMX586 sensor with F/1.7 lens with Sony’s new 2×2 OCL tech for focusing performance that should outdo even Dual Pixel sensors. Other than the main sensor, there is a new 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 ultrawide video camera (16:9 aspect ratio) and a telephoto lens of 13-megapixel which enables support for 20x digital zoom, 5x hybrid zoom, and 3x optical zoom.
The Find X2 Pro, on the other hand, share the same 48MP sensor with the regular X2, while it drops 12MP ultrawide sensor for a more capable 48MP Sony IMX586 1/2″ Quad-Bayer sensor behind an f/2.2. Then there is a 13MP telephoto camera with 1/3.4″ sensor behind F/3.0 periscope lens that offer 5x optical magnification, 10x hybrid zoom and up to 60x digital zoom. The front shooter on both devices is the same – a 32 MP camera with f/2.4 aperture and 5P lens.
OPPO Find X2 and Find X2 price and availability
You can get the Oppo Find X2 in Black color with Ceramic back and Ocean color with a Glass back, while the X2 Pro comes only in Black color with Ceramic back and Orange color with a Vegan leather back. The Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro will go on sale in Europe from May at a starting price of €1,199 (~$1,350) and €999 (~$1,130), while the regular Find X2 will hit the Chinese market from March 13th starting at 999 Euros (US$ 1,130 / Rs. 83,320 approx.).
OPPO Find X2 and Find X2 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3168 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 2.5D curved glass display with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 800 nits brightness, 1200 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage for Find X2 / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage for Find X2 Pro
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Find X2 — 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS + EIS, 12MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX708 sensor, 3cm macro, 13MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5x hybrid optical zoom, up to 20x digital zoom
- Find X2 — 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 7P lens LED flash, OIS + EIS, 48MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, 3cm macro, 13MP perisope telephoto camera with f/3.0 aperture, 20x hybrid optical zoom, up to 60x digital zoom, OIS
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust Resistance (IP68 for Find X2 Pro) / Splash Resistant (IP54 for Find X2)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, 3 microphones
- Find X2 Dimensions: 164.9×74.5× 8mm (ceramic/glass) / 8.7mm (leather); Weight:196g (ceramic) / 180g (leather) / 187g (glass)
- Find X2 Pro Dimensions: 165.2×74.4× 8.8mm (ceramic) / 9.5mm (leather); Weight:207g (ceramic) / 200g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Find X2 — 4200mAh (Typical) battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge
- Find X2 Pro — 4260mAh (Typical) battery with 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 flash charge