Last Updated on
Chinese gadgets maker – Xiaomi earlier today took the wrap off its latest flagship and sequel to last year’s Mi 9 Smartphones. Dubbed the Xiaomi Mi 10, and Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, the latest offering from the prolific phone maker has been officially launched in China where they are immediately available for sale at a starting price of 3,999 yuan ($570 USD).
As for the availability, and launch in India, and other Global markets, Xiaomi says both devices will be announced globally at “a later date.” Currently, it’s unknown when that will be. Apparently, the delay is in a bid to stem the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus that has ravaged China in the past few weeks. We will keep you updated when a global launch date is announced.
Delving into details, the Xiaomi Mi 10, and Mi 10 Pro are more or less the same device as they share a lot in common, though not without a few internal differences. Both devices come fitted with a Quad rear camera setup highlighted by a 108MP sensor, while they both also get 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED displays with a 90Hz refresh rate on the front. Both devices get a punch hole cut-out for a single front camera – making them the first Mi branded smartphones to feature such design. These devices also feature an in-display fingerprint scanner and are powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 865, with up to 12GB of RAM. While both devices feature different battery sizes, they offer wired and wireless fast charging, as well as 10w wireless reverse charging. As rumored, they both support Wi-Fi 6, and will boot Android 10 with MIUI out of the box. There’s also dual-band 5G connectivity.
Speaking of the differences, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro gets a slightly brighter display, a smaller battery, offers up to 512GB of onboard storage, gets 50W fast wired charging, while the vanilla Mi 10 gets a slightly larger battery, with a maximum storage option of up to 256GB, and a 30W fast wired charging.
And while both devices come with a 108MP main camera sensor, the vanilla Mi 10 is paired with a13MP ultra-wide sensor and a pair of 2MP cameras for macro shots and depth-sensing, while the Pro version gets a 12MP sensor used for portraits, an 8MP telephoto shooter, and a 20MP ultrawide lens.
As we mentioned earlier, the Mi 10, and Mi 10 Pro are only currently available in China, with a global release tipped for the coming days. You can get the Xiaomi Mi 10 in blue, black, and peach gold color options, while the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro comes only in blue or white color variants.
The Mi 10 starts at 3999 yuan (US$ 572 / Rs. 40,920 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 4299 yuan (US$ 615 / Rs. 43,990 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version, while the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version sells for as much as 4699 yuan /US$ 673 / Rs. 48,080 approx.
Unlike the Mi 10 set to start shipping from February 14th in China, the Mi 10 Pro won’t go on sale until Feb 18th. Pricing starts at 4999 yuan (US$ 716 / Rs. 51,150 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version, 5499 yuan (US$ 787 / Rs. 56,270 approx.) for the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the top-end 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs 5999 yuan (US$ 859 / Rs. 61,370 approx.).
Xiaomi Mi 10 / Mi 10 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° (13MP 123° in Mi 10) ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10— 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging