Xiaomi spin-off brand Poco has finally launched its second phone, the Poco X2. The Poco X2 as expected is the second Poco phone following the launch of the Poco F1 back in 2018 and is the first smartphone to be released under the now independent Poco brand.
The device is aimed at the Indian market where there are a number of high-performance, low-cost phones. To set the record straight, the Poco X2 isn’t the direct sequel to the Poco F1, it is probably an attempt by the company to inform consumers that the Poco brand is well alive.
As rumored before the device went official, the Poco X2 is the Indian version of the Xiaomi Redmi K30 that was launched in China late last year. It is essentially a rebadged Redmi K30 with the exact same design, specs, but for different markets.
The X2 comes fitted with a 6.67-inch 20:9 1080p LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, and at its helm is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core SoC. It is available in three RAM and storage variants: 6GB of RAM + 64GB of storage, 6GB of RAM + 128GB of storage, and 8GB of RAM + 256GB of storage.
In the power unit, the X2 packs a 4,500mAh battery with 27W fast charging that charges over USB-C. It gets a quad-camera setup, a headphone jack, and has a fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button.
The Poco X2 as stated earlier gets a Quad-camera setup, and is, perhaps, the second Phone after the K30 4G to get the 64MP Sony IMX686 main sensor. an 8MP wide-angle 120-degree sensor, a 2MP macro sensor (2-10cm), and a 2MP depth sensor. On the display front, the X2 gets a dual selfie camera setup comprising of a 20MP shooter with a 2MP depth sensor, while the other three rear cameras come in the form of an 8MP wide-angle 120-degree sensor, a 2MP macro sensor (2-10cm), and a 2MP depth sensor.
It features photos and video enhancing features like the 4K/30fps video recording, 960fps super slow motion, AI beauty and portrait modes, and a Vlog mode.
Poco X2 Pricing and availability
The Poco X2 will go on sale on February 11th, via Flipkart India, and mi.com in Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, and Phoenix Red color options. The Poco X2 base variant with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage costs Rs. 15,999 ($225), Rs. 16,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, while the top-end version with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage version costs Rs. 19,999.
POCO X2 specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps, 960 fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm pixel size for portrait
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD937x audio codec
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm; Weight: 208g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 27W fast charging