Last Updated on
Huawei’s CEO Richard Yu reportedly confirmed a few days ago that the flagship Huawei P40 series will be made official, perhaps at a launch event in Europe later on March 26. Expectedly, we’re expecting the typical Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, the Huawei P40 Pro Premium edition, and not forgetting the Huawei P40 Lite which usually is the most basic of the P series.
It is still about a month until the P40 is unveiled, and Huawei has already gone ahead to reveal the Huawei P40 Lite, as the device has now been officially announced, though as a rebranded Huawei Nova 6 SE smartphone which first debuted earlier in 2019.
Huawei P40 Lite price and release date
Huawei has only just released the Huawei P40 Lite for the European market where it will go on pre-sale from March 2nd through March 16th, 2020. It is available as a lone variant with 6 GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable internal storage and is priced at 299 euros (~$325). You should expect the device to hit the stores in Midnight Black, Sakura Pink, and Crush Green color options.
As the most basic member of the upcoming Huawei P40 series, the Huawei P40 Lite gets an LCD and not an AMOLED display, and that means it has no un-display fingerprint scanner. Notably, the device lacks a rear scanner, so where then is the fingerprint scanner? Well, that feature is on the left side of the device, embedded underneath the power button.
It features a 6.4-inch display with FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2310 pixels and a punch-hole at its top-left corner for a 16-megapixel snapper with f/2.0 aperture. On the flip side, the Huawei P40 is fitted with a square camera module housing a Quad-camera sensor. The sensors comprise a 48-megapixel main lens with f/1.8 aperture, a 120-degree 8-megapixel wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, a 2-megapixel macro lens with 4cm focal length and f/2.4 aperture and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
Powered by a 4,200mAh battery with 40W supercharge, the Huawei P40 Lite gets its processing power from its home-made Kirin 810 chipset coupled with 6GB RAM, and 128GB of expandable storage. It comes preloaded with Huawei’s EMUI 10 based on Android 10 OS, but without the essential Google Mobile Services (GMS).
HUAWEI P40 Lite specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with Huawei NM memory card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP camera for macro and 2MP for depth sensing with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (mAh) battery with 40W HUAWEI Super fast charging