Last Updated on
The Galaxy S20 leaks are getting even more intense as we inch closer to the purported February 11 launch date. The plus-sized Galaxy S20 which appeared on the Geekbebch listing yesterday is still the subject of today’s leak, but this time, the leak comes in the form of a hands-on video first posted by a source at XDA Developers.
The video reveals that the Galaxy S20+ Plus will come in an all-black color. The video further confirms the device has a center-aligned camera cutout for a single selfie cam. The back as we have seen in previous leaks reveals the Galaxy S20 Plus will come equipped with a rectangular camera module, the existence of an in-display fingerprint sensor, and of course, the obvious lack of a headphone jack.
Samsung isn’t expected to officially confirm most of the Galaxy S20 specs and features until the release date, so we would be relying on trusted leaks to stay afloat. Speaking of detailed specs, the source where the video emanated from firther highlighted a few specs of the unreleased Galaxy S20+.
The most notable here is that Samsung will be ditching its 60Hz display for a 120Hz display at 1080p.
Tipster IceUniverse in a tweet earlier this week claims that the device might not offer up to 120Hz refresh rate, while the display resolution is set to QHD+. The only available options would be FHD at 60Hz, QHD+ at 60Hz and FHD at 120Hz.
- The display resolution comes in at 3,200 x 1,440 pixels. This is because of the taller 20:9 aspect ratio.
- The in-display fingerprint sensor is ultrasonic, not optical.
- The display will refresh at a rate of 120Hz. There will also be a settings toggle to turn this feature on or off.
- The 120Hz refresh rate is locked to a 1080p resolution, so you’ll need to choose between 60Hz at 1440p or 120Hz at 1080p.
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus will support 25W charging and come with a 25W charging brick in the box.
- The model obtained by the leaker comes with 11GB of RAM (likely to be marketed as 12GB). There is 128GB of onboard storage.
- The rated battery capacity of the Galaxy S20 Plus is 4,500mAh.