Chinese smartphone maker Vivo has today expanded its V series smartphones lineup with the launch of the VIVO V17 in India. The device follows the launch of the V17 Pro launched in India back in September. To recall, VIVO had earlier launched the Vivo V17 in Russia, but as a rebranded VIVO S1 Pro. The India variant of the V17 packs a To recall, the original Vivo V17 was launched in Russia
The VIVO V17 launched in India today retains the V17 Pro internal specs but brings changes to the display, design, and camera layout.
To begin, the Vivo V17 drops the pop-up camera system for a single punch-hole which is considered the smallest punch-hole on any smartphone. The punch-hole is just about 3mm, and the camera in there gets a super night mode for better low light [hoytogtaphy.
The rear also gets a bit of re-design as it drops the vertical camera arrays for an L-shaped Quad-camera system. It has a 32-megapixel in-screen camera, while the rear side is fitted with a 48-megapixel primary camera along with an 8-megapixel 120° ultrawide sensor, 2-megapixel camera for portraits and a 2-megapixel for macro photography. The fingerprint scanner resides under the display much like the V17 Pro.
In terms of display, the device packs a 6.44-inch E3 Super AMOLED display “iView Display” offering a Full HD+ resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display also covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut. Under the hood, the V17 gets the same SoC as the Pro variant along with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It boots Android 9 pie with Funtouch OS 9.2 out of the box, while it packs a 4,500mAh with support for 18W (9V 2A) Dual-Engine fast charging over USB Type-C.
VIVO V17 Price, and availability in India
The V17 is set to go on sale in India beginning from December 17 in Midnight Ocean and Glacier Ice. It will be available on Flipkart, Amazon India, Paytm Mall, Tata CliQ, and Vivo’s website at Rs 22,990.
Vivo V17 specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 E3 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 800 nits brightness under sunlight, Schott Xensation UP glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 675 11nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 612 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP primary camera with f/1.78 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, EIS, 6P lens, Dual LED flash + 8MP 120° ultra wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP for portrait with f/2.4 aperture and 2MP for macro with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 74.17 x 159.01×8.54mm; Weight: 176g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C port
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 18W Dual-Engine Fast charging