Oppo spin-off brand -Realme just announced the Realme X2 for the Indian market a couple of months after it was announced for the Chinese market. The Realme X2 is is the sequel and upgrade to the Realme XT as it drops the Snapdragon 712 chipset for the Realme X2 with the Snapdragon 730G processor and Adreno 618 GPU.
Realme X2 Price in India
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage — Rs. 16999
- 6GB RAM +128GB storage version — Rs. 18,999
- 8GB RAM +128GB storage version — Rs. 19,999.
Realme X2 Launch offers
- Flat Rs. 1500 instant discount on ICICI cards
- No cost EMI up to 6 months
- Jio Benefits worth Rs. 115000
Other than the switch from the Snapdragon 712 SoC to the gaming-focused Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, the Realme X2 and the Realme XT are basically the same. The device is fronted by a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with an in-display fingerprint sensor. It boasts of a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 91.5 percent screen-to-body ratio, while the display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with support for features such as DC-like dimming and night mode for eye care. The Realme X2 has the same battery size as the Realme XT – a 4,000mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge 4.0, but with an improved 30W compared to 20W on the Realme XT.
Also worthy of note is the Hawk-Eye AI quad rear camera setup that includes a 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 primary sensor, and on the front, there is a waterdrop style notch for a single selfie cam. Other than the 64MP sensor, the X2 gets an 8-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/2.25 super-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel macro shooter with an f/2.4 aperture and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens. You also get a 32-megapixel selfie camera that packs along with an f/2.0 lens.
Stil on the camera specs, the device gets several photo enhancing features such as the 64MP mode, Super Nightscape, Panorama, HDR Super Wide-angle, and Super Macro Mode among others. What is more, the device can shoot videos of up to 4K resolution at 30fps frame rate.
Realme X2 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to ColorOS 7.0 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture,1.75μm pixel size
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.2×8.6mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery (typical) / 3920mAh (minimum) with 30W VOOC fast charging
Sadly, the Realme X2 comes with ColorOS 6.1 based on Android 9.0, but will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
Realme X2 Price in India
The realme X2 will go on sale in India via Flipkart and realme.com online and offline stores starting from December 20th, Friday in Pearl White, Pearl Blue and Pearl Green colors. The most basic variant with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is priced at Rs. 16999, Rs. 18,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, while the premium variant with 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 19,999.