Last Updated on
In the market for a trendy and super cheap Android smartphone that won’t break the bank? Well, HMD Global – makers of modern days Nokia smartphones just announced the Nokia 2.3 as the sequel to the Nokia 2.2 launched earlier this year. Its major highlight includes a trendy design and a massive battery size that should keep you going for up to 2 days.
The Nokia 2.3 will hit the retail shelves globally later this month priced at €109. At that price, HMD global is offering you a beautifully crafted smartphone with a water-drop notch and a rear panel made of a polymer shell with a 3D nano-textured design that looks really good, and we bet, even feels better when held. HMD Global rounds off the design with a diecast metal chassis for the frame.
Sadly, the device doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor, but it has a 5-megapixel camera on the front with support for Face Unlock. One of the Nokia 2.3 major highlights is its dual rear cam setup comprising of a 13MP 2-megapixel depth-sensing camera for Portrait Mode. These cameras support AI low-light feature, HDR, and a ‘Recommended Shot’ feature that automatically captures alternate images before and after the shutter button is pressed and suggests the best one.
The device comes with a MediaTek Helio A22 12nm SoC,- the same SoC that powers the Nokia 2.2, while it is available in 2GB RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage version. It features a larger 6″ HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display.
Notably, the Nokia 2.3 is powered by a beefier 4000mAh battery, but still with 5V 1A charging via a MicroUSB port. It boots Android 9 pie out of the box and could be getting Android 10 updates soon. The maker also promises 2 years of software upgrades and 3 years of security updates.
Nokia 2.3 specifications
- 6.2-inch (720 x 1520 pixels) HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 4000mAh battery