Last Updated on
After several months of unrelenting teasers, and leaks, embattled Huawei today finally unveiled the Huawei Nova 6 series. And as rumored, the series comes in a trio – a Huawei Nova 6 5G, Huawei Nova 6, and Huawei Nova 6 SE.
As expected, the Huawei Nova 6 5G is the most interesting of the trio as it packs the most hardware. It gets an oval-shaped punch-hole display alongside the flagship Kirin 990 chipset and an array of triple camera setup. The Nova 6 is pretty much the same as the Nova 6 5G but drops the 5G network support for the 4th generation 4G connectivity coupled with a slightly smaller battery size. Other than that, both the Nova 6 5G and the standard Nova 6 are basically the same.
Both devices come fitted with a large 6.57-inch FHD+ LCD screen oval-shaped display cutout. The Oval cut out is home to dual-camera setup sensors comprising of a 32MP+8MP ultra-wide cameras, while the rear is fitted with a 40MP RYYB sensor, 8MP 3X telephoto with OIS, and an 8MP ultra-wide camera sensors.
They are both powered by the flagship Kirin 990 chipset- the same on the Mate 30, and the latest Honor V30. The Huawei Nova 6 5G gets an embedded Balong 5000 5G modem for the next-generation cellular connectivity, while the standard Nova 6 gets the basic Kirin 990 for the 4G network. They also share a respectable 8GB of RAM and 128GB of fixed storage, while the 5G variant has an additional 256GB variant.
Other specs and features include a 4,200mAh battery for the 4G variant and 4,100mAh for the 5G model, NFC support, side fingerprint scanner which doubles as a power button. They both come with 40W Huawei SuperCharge support and run Android 10 with EMUI 10 out of the box.
Huawei Nova 6 5G and Nova 6 specifications
- 6.57-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 96% NTSC color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.09 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.86 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit) + Balong 5000 modem (5G version)
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI EMUI 10.0.1
- Dual SIM
- 40MP RYYB camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP f/2.4 aperture 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture AF OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 32 front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 8MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 105° ultra-wide-angle lens
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 162.6m x 75.7 x 8.56mm; Weight: 197g
- 5G SA/NSA (Optional), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 dual frequency), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4100mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) battery for 4G / 4200mAh (typical) 4100mAh (minimum) for 5G with 40W super Fast charging
You can get the HUAWEI nova 6 and nova 6 5G in Black, Blue, Violet and Red colors from November 12 in China, though pre-orders is already in progress.
Huawei Nova 6 Prices in China
8GB RAM + 256GB Huawei Nova 6 5G version – 4199 yuan (US$ 596 / Rs. 42,595 approx.
8GB RAM + 128GB Huawei Nova 6 5G version – 3799 yuan /US$ 539 / Rs. 38,540 approx.
8GB RAM + 128GB Huawei Nova 6 4G version – 3199 yuan /US$ 454 / Rs. 32,449 approx.
Huawei Nova 6 SE
The Nova SE is the most basic of the trio but also packs some interesting specs. First off, it gets a smaller 6.4-inch FHD+ LCD panel with a punch-hole design. And under the hood, the Nova 6 SE drops the Flagship Kirin 990 for a mid-level 10 chipset paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. It has the same battery size as the Nova 6, but gets an additional camera at the rear. It comes with a Quad-camera setup – a 48MP main unit, 8MP ultrawide camera and two 2MP modules (depth and macro), but gets a single 16MP front camera.
HUAWEI nova 6 SE specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with Huawei NM memory card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP camera for macro and 2MP for depth sensing with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (mAh) battery with 40W HUAWEI Super fast charging
Huawei Nova 6 SE Price, and availability
The Nova 6 SE is available in Black, Pink and Green colors, and is priced at 2199 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 22,300 approx.). It will go on sale in China from December 25th, while pre-order starts December 18th.