The Redmi K30 will be unveiled on December 10 at a launch event in China. The device will come in at least three variants – A Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30 Pro 5G, and a Redmi K30 with 4G cellular connectivity. So far, the leaks and even official teasers have been more than overwhelming.
We have seen quite a number of hands-on images, official renders, live images of the phone’s retail package, and now we have a short hands-on view of the Redmi K30 courtesy of a newly leaked hands-on video.
Sadly, the video doesn’t reveal a lot about the upcoming Redmi K30 — for instance its specifications and feature. However, there are a few takeaways. First, it confirms the distinctive rear camera setup and its decorative circular design. Furthermore, the video also confirms the pill-shaped punch-hole design, while it goes further to reveal it will run MIUI 11 out of the box, which basically confirms it will boot Android 10 OS out of the box.
That the k30 series will get the MIUI 11 out of the box isn’t a bit surprising, given that the custom UI has been around for some time now, and it is even now rolling out to a number of older Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones.
Xiaomi already sort of confirmed that the device will pack a USB Type-C port, a speaker grille, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi recently following the launch of the Snapdragon 765 SoC confirmed that the Redmi K30 will be powered by the SoC. The brand in a separate teaser also confirmed the device will get a big 4,500mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging, which will charge the phone entirely in an hour. Other details so far confirmed include a 64MP main camera, which according to an industry tipster is the Sony IMX686 paired with 8MP, 5MP, and 2MP modules.
Redmi K30 Specs/features
- A 6.67-inch display.
- A dual selfie camera setup, with a punch-hole design similar to the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. A 20 MP sensor, plus a depth sensor.
- A hybrid sim slot. No dedicated MicroSD slot. A quad-camera setup. A 64 MP Sony IMX 686, an ultra-wide-angle shooter, a macro sensor, and a depth sensor.
- No telephoto lens.
- A 4500 mAh battery, with 30 W fast-charge.
- 4G and 5G variants.
- Snapdragon 765G
- 4G model could use the Snapdragon 730G.
- A side-mounted fingerprint reader.
- USB Type-C port, a speaker grille, and a 3.5mm headphone jack
- Android 10 with MIUI 11