Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi earlier today introduced a new fitness band into the Indian market. Dubbed the Xiaomi Mi Band 3i, the latest fitness tracker is a watered-down version of the Mi Band 3launched about a year ago, but comes with some mild upgrade over the Mi Band HRX.
In relation to the all-new Mi Band 4, the Mi Band 3i makes a few omissions to arrive at a much more affordable price tag. Notably, the tracker omits the heart-rate sensor that usually sits on the back of Xiaomi’s fitness band, but offers virtually all other features found usually in a fitness band like sleep tracking, idle alert, app notifications, locating or unlocking your phone, as well as the gentle vibrating alarm.
It features a 0.78-inch touch display which you can wipe around to launch activities or jump between display panels. The Mi Band 3i got a feature that should simply make you forget it has no HR sensor – a 110mAh battery. That is impressive and represents an upgrade from 70mAh battery on the Band 3. Xiaomi claims the band 3i battery should allow for up to 20 days of battery life.
The Xiaomi Mi Band 3i is immediately available for sale at mi.com, priced at Rs. 1,299, making it one of the most affordable wearables in India. It comes with free delivery, and an estimated 2-5 days delivery depending on your location.
To kick off the sales of the Mi Band 3i, Xiami is organizing a 3km walk and a 5km run in Bengaluru on December 1. Every finisher of both races gets a free Xiaomi Mi Band 3i.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3i specifications
- 0.78-inch OLED (128 x 80 pixels) touch screen display with scratch-resistant glass, anti-fingerprint coating shows time, step, activities, weather, notifications
- Monitors your fitness and tracks your sleep, Sedentary reminder
- Dimensions: 46.8×18.1×11; Weight: 8.5g (20g with band)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- 3 axis accelerometer
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 110mAh Li-Ion polymer battery with up to 20 days of standby