It’s been less than five months since the Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7 pro arrived, and here we are talking about the iterative upgrades – the Oneplus 7T, and Oneplus 7T Pro. The Shenzhen-based smartphone maker officially presented the Oneplus 7T in India back in September, while it presented the Pro variant at a London event today. Aside from the Oneplus 7T Pro, the firm also announced the Oneplus 7T Pro McLaren Edition, while also revealing the UK pricing and the EU rollout plans of the standard 7T.
Enough said the Oneplus 7T Pro to a greater extent can be seen as the Oneplus 7 Pro albeit a few differences. The look remains largely unchanged featuring a similar vertical triple rear camera setup, same large, and expansive 6.67-inch screen with 1,440×3,120-pixel resolution complete with an in-screen fingerprint scanner, and of course the fancy pop-up selfie camera.
Talking of the upgrades, the new Oneplus 7T Pro drops the Snapdragon 855 for the gaming-focused Snapdragon 855 Plus processor coupled with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage with no room for memory expansion. And of course, there is the McLaren Edition with a hefty 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Beyond that, the Oneplus 7T Pro also gets a minor upgrade in the battery compartment, featuring a 4,085mAh battery up from the 3,800mAh battery in the OnePlus 7T, and just an edge above the 4000Mah on the standard OnePlus 7 Pro. What is more, the device gets the Warp Charge 30T which is about 23% faster than that currently offered by the Oneplus 7 pro.
The selfie camera system remains unchanged – featuring a 16MP pop-up selfie, as well as a triple rear camera setup. There is a 48-megapixel f/1.6 camera alongside an 8-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera and 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera. These specs are identical to the 7 Pro, and the lenses are also arranged in a line, unlike the circular camera bump we saw on the 7T. it gets the same macro mode found in the 7T which allows you to take closeup photos only a 2.5cm away.
Without mincing words, we had ay the Oneplus 7T Pro only comes with minor upgrades OnePlus 7 Pro. It’s that bad that we would advise you keep hold of the Oneplus 7 pro, as there are hardly any major differences
Oneplus 7T Pro price
The OnePlus 7T Pro is priced at €760 in Europe and is tipped to go on sale from October 18, while the McLaren Edition cost € 860, but won’t be hitting the retail shelves until November 5th. The 7T Pro and he McLaren version when launched in India, China and Hong Kong will cost INR 53,999, while the McLaren version will retail for INR 58,999.
OnePlus 7T Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED display with 516PPI, 90Hz refresh rate, sRGB color gamut, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, 7P lens, f/1.6 aperture, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 μm pixel size, OIS, 3x zoom, 16MP 117° ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 162.6×75.9×8.8 mm; Weight: 206g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4080mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)