Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi CC9, Mi CC9e, and Mi CC9 Meitu Custom Edition back in July. And within a month of its launch in China, the CC9e launched outside of the country as the Xiaomi Mi A3, while the standard Xiaomi CC9 has since been expected to leave the shores of China under the Xiaomi Mi A3 Pro moniker.
Now, indications have emerged that the Xiaomi CC9 will surely land in other countries, albeit a different moniker. Contrary to expectations, the XiaomiCC9 may actually launch in international markets as the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
The report comes courtesy of Mishaal Rahman, the editor-in-chief of XDA-Developers who exposed a new Xiaomi device dubbed the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite from among the list of Google’s certified Android devices. The device is shown to be a variant of the Xiaomi CC9 and it also has the same “pyxis” codename.
Details about the device are sparse, however, it is quite likely that the device will get the same specs as the Mi CC9. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer isn’t new to this rebranding strategy, the Redmi K20, and K20 Pro recently launched in the EU as the Xiaomi Mi 9T and Mi 9T, while the Redmi Note 5 also launched earlier in India as the Redmi Y2.
We should hear more about the device in the coming days, however, you can see the full specs of the Xiaomi Mi CC9 below.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 / Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB RAM with 256GB storage (Meitu Edition), expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×74.5×8.67mm; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with QC 4.0 charging, 18W fast charger