Vivo has introduced a completely new online series of smartphones for the India market. The Vivo U10 as expected was announced in Inda today as the brand aims to take on the likes of the Mi A3 and Realme 5. With the new Vivo U10, Vivo says it aims to supplement the Z series which it says grabbed 19.1 percent of the online segment in July 2019, up from 5.5 percent in May.
The device is aimed at the youth population who wish to experience a triple rear camera smartphone, but on a limited budget. To ensure that pricing isn’t up north, the U10 adopts a polycarbonate with a 2.5D curved pattern design to attract young smartphone buyers alongside. A t the front, the device features a 6.35″ HD+ display with a waterdrop notch, little or no bezels on the sides and the top, but the bottom does get a bit of bezel. Aside from the triple camera setup, the rear panel is also adorned with a fingerprint sensor, along with the Vivo branding at the bottom.
Under the hood, the U10 is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 665 processor and is available in 3GB/4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of storage. There is also a dedicated slot for microSD card for storage expansion of up to 256GB. It boasts of an Ultra Game Mode which includes features like 4D Vibrations and Voice Changer.
For optics, the Vivo U10 comes fitted with a triple rear camera setup comprising of a primary camera, a wide-angle camera, and a depth sensor, while an 8MP sensor is housed within the water-drop notch for selfie and video calls.
Beyond the triple rear camera setup, the U10 highlights a 5000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging. The battery charges over a micro-USB port.
Pricing and Availability
The U10 is expected to go on sale in India from September 29 via Vivo’s official site and Amazon.in at a starting price of INR8,990 ($125/€115). The 3GB + 64GB variant goes for INR9,990 ($141), while the top-end version with 4GB + 64GB is priced at INR10,990 ($155
Vivo U10 specifications
- 6.35-inch (1544×720 pixels) HD+19.3:9 IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP camera for portrait with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.43 × 76.77 × 8.92mm ; Weight: 190.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging