Last Updated on
- Quad-camera setup
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 64-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 primary sensor
Following weeks of teasers, leaks, and rumors, OPPO backed Realme today finally unveiled the Realme XT at an event in India, making it the first 64MP camera smartphone in the sub-continent. The launch is coming just weeks before the Redmi Note 8 Pro with similar camera setup is billed to land in India.
The device highlights a 3D curved glass rear panel with a ‘Hyperbola Light Streak’ effect and a Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The back panel comes fitted with a vertically aligned Quad camera setup featuring a 64-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 primary sensor, coupled with an 8MP 119-degree ultrawide, a 2MP depth camera and a 2MP macro snapper that can capture fine detail at 4cm. Speaking of the main sensor, the 64MP sensor outputs 16MP photos by default using 4-in-1 pixel binning tech, though it has a dedicated Ultra 64MP mode that will capture 9216×6912px stills.
Upfront, the Realme XT gets a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels screen resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and an in-display fingerprint sensor. It features the waterdrop-style notch design wherein sits a 16MP camera sensor. At the heart of the device is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 AIE octa-core processor manufactured using 10nm process. It comes in three memory variants – a 4GB, 6GB or 8GB of RAM and either 64GB or 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. Al, variants get dedicated memory slot for expansion if needed.
Besides the camera highlights, the Realme XT also features a massive 4,000mAh battery with support for 20W fast charging. There is a 20W VOOC adapter which the maker claims can top up the 4000mAh battery in about 80 minutes.
The device boots Android 9 Pie with Color OS out of the box, and is equipped with HyperBoost 2.0 for a claimed lower latency and faster frame rates during gaming. Google’s Digital Wellbeing and a system-wide Dark Mode are part of the package too. The device will get updated to Android 10 later in 2020 as per official words.
Realme XT specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 550nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM, 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.16×8.55mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery (typical) with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
Realme XT Pricing and availability
Available in Pearl White and Pearl Blue color options, the Realme XT is scheduled to go on sale at exactly 12 noon on September 16 via Flipkart online store.
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage: ₹15,999 (~$225)
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage: ₹16,999 (~$239)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: ₹18,999 (~$268)
- 6 months free replacement for first sale (64,000 units)
- Free Paytm First membership worth Rs. 750 with benefits up to Rs. 20,000 by paying through Paytm UPI on realme.com