Last Updated on
While it is still 2019 Chinese smartphone maker OPPO is already giving us a sneaky look at its 2020 line up of smartphones. The company earlier today officially announced that it will be launching the OPPO A9 (2020) in India on September 16. But ahead of that, the same device has just been announced in Pakistan, though without fanfare.
The A9 (2020) is currently listed on Oppo Pakistan’s website complete with specs, images, but without pricing and availability details. The device, perhaps won’t be available for sale until September 16, the same date it is tipped to launch in India.
Similar to a number of contemporary smartphones, the Oppo A9 2020 sport a waterdrop notch design with a Quad-camera setu and a fingerprint scanner on the flip side. It is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC coupled with 4GB/8GB RAM, 128GB of storage expandable up to 256GB using microSD card slot.
Notably, the device highlights a Quad-camera setup – a 48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2-megapixel for portraits and a 2-megapixel macro lens. The cameras come with features like Ultra Night Mode 2.0 and Portrait Stylizer, as well as a Cinematic Video Style feature which Oppo claims “can turn your personal videos into theatrical masterpieces using movie-like effects and professional-caliber color grading”.
The OPPO A90 2020 boots Android Pie-based ColorOS 6.0.1 out of the box, while it is powered by a 5000mAh battery with reverse charging support.
OPPO A9 (2020) specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 480 nit brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GBGB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.25″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size with 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size, 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Dimensions:163.6×75.6×9.1mm; Weight: 195g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos, Dual Stereo Speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, micro USB
- 5000mAh (Typcial) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO A9 (2020) will hit the shelves in Blue-violet gradient and Dark green gradient color options and should be hitting the shelves soon.