The Moto E6 plus surfaced in official-looking render days back following several rumors, and now Motorola has unveiled the device at the IFA 2019 show in Berlin, Germany. The device isn’t just a plus variant of the Moto E6, but also packs some superior specs and features.
First off, the Moto E6 Plus’s design suggests it is a mid-entry level device, featuring a plastic rear which can be easily detached. The Moto E6 Plus has a larger Max Vision IPS display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio over the 5.5-inch LCD on the regular E6, while it comes with improved cameras, and it trades the Snapdragon chip for MediaTek Helio P22. It is available only in 32GB/ 64GB versions.
It comes fitted with a dual rear camera setup on the rear, while the iconic Moto logo serves as the Fingerprint scanner. The main shooter on the device is a13-megapixel primary sensor (f/2.0 aperture, 1.12-micron pixels) and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, paired with an LED flash module. And for selfies, the device gets an 8-megapixel (f/2.0 aperture, 1.12-micron pixels) sensor with screen flash for great photos in low light.
The device gets has no IP rating, no headphone jack, and is powered by a 3000mAh battery which you can top via a than USB-C connector.
Moto E6 Plus specifications
- 6.1-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19.5:9 Max Vision IPS display
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.6x 73.1x 8.6mm; Weight: 149.7g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- P2i water-repellent nano coating
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Micro USB
- 3000mAh battery
Moto E6 Plus pricing
You can get the E6 Plus in four colors including; Blue, Cranberry, Cherry, and Graphite. No word yet on its pricing and availability. Fans in Latin America will be able to get the device starting September 5 for the approximate cost of 139 euros, with no plans to sell it in North America. Asia Pacific region should get the device in the coming months.