Hong Kong-based Infinix has just announced a new entry-level smartphone for India market. Dubbed Infinix Hot 8, the new entrants is the firm’s latest entry-level device and the sequel to last year’s Infinix Hot 7. The device is tipped to go on sale later this month on Flipkart India.
The device is made entirely of a plastic build, and features a generic design, while it is painted with gradient paint jobs. The phone comes in four color options – Quetzal Cyan, Cosmic Purple, Shark Grey, and Midnight Black.
On the flip side, the Infinix Hot 8 gets a triple rear camera setup – stacked vertically, as well as a rear fingerprint scanner. The main cam is a 13MP F1.8 main shooter, coupled with a 2 MP depth helper and a dedicated low-light sensor with a Quad-LED flash. For selfies, you can expect an 8-megapixel selfie camera with LED flash and face unlock.
Upfront, you get a water-drop design with minimal bezels on all sides. It flaunts a 6.52-inch display with 90.3 percent screen to body ratio, 20:9 aspect ratio with 2.5d glass protection. It comes with an HD resolution and comes with support for Dirac HD surround sound.
On the inside, the Infinix Hot 8 is powered by Mediatek’s Helio P22 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage option which you can expand using MicroSD card.
O f course, the device boots XOS 5.0 with Android 9 Pie out of the box, while it is powered by a 5000mAh battery which you can charge over MicroUSB.
Infinix Hot 8 specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600×720 pixels) 20:9 aspect ratio HD+ display with 450 nits brightness, 1500:1contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with XOS 5.0
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Quad LED flash, 2MP Depth Sensor, VGA Low light Sensor
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165 x 76.3 x 8.7mm ; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS,microUSB
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4880mAh (minimum) battery
The Hot8 will go on sale from September 12th via Flipkart India at Rs. 6999/ $100 until 1st October 2019 after which the price might skyrocket. Jio customers get Instant cashback offer worth Rs. 2,200 as well as ClearTrip coupons worth Rs. 3000.