Last Updated on
It makes sense knowing that there are quite a number of EOMs that arent just moving with the crowd in the bid to getting rid of smartphone bezels. The Chinese smartphone maker Nubia is well known for its beautiful symmetrical design with thin bezels. While other opts for all form of notches in the latest offering, the Chinese brand has opted once again for a dual display solution. Welcome the Nubia Z20 – the brand’s latest flagship camera-centric smartphone.
It gets a dual-display design, and that means one thing – no form of unsightly notch, punch hole or whatsoever. It also means the device has no front camera. And why would anyone need that when there is a dual display. The Nubia Z20 flaunts two curved displays, a primary 6.42-inch 2340 x 1080p AMOLED screen on the front, and one secondary 5.1-inch 1520 x 720p AMOLED screen at the back. Above the secondary camera, the Nubia Z20 gets a triple camera setup.
With this design, a user can use the triple camera for both normal shots and selfie using the front and back displays for view as the case may be. This essentially means you get the same quality shoot in both selfie and normal shots.
Interestingly, the dual-curved display on both sides of the frame features a fingerprint scanner embedded underneath them. There is DC dimming, and the new AOD 2.0, supports information display with customizable text, graphics, GIF, video and more on both the screens. The frames are pressure-sensitive. And that means it supports custom long and short grip shortcut function. There are options too for right and left Virtual game button functions in the second screen. There are four finger operations along with many other features for gaming.
Talking about the cameras, the Nubia Z20 gets Sony IMX 586 48MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture size, dual flash, OIS and more. There is an 8MP telephoto lens for 3x lossless zoom and 30x digital zoom with 16MP ultra-wide angle lens.
Nubia Z20 specifications
- 6.42-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ AMOLED curved glass display with 430 nit / 600nit (HBM) brightness, 100% NTSC Color Gamut
- 5.1-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ AMOLED secondary display with 330nit brightness, 100% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage/ 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB storage / 512GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with nubia UI 7.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8um pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual LED flash, OIS, 16MP 122.2° ultra-wide camera, 2.5cm macro, 8MP telephoto lens for 3x loss-less zoom and 30x digital zoom
- Dual side-mounted fingerprint sensors
- Dimensions: 158.63×75.26×9mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1/L5), USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typcial) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast PD charging, Quick Charge 4.0
Under the hood, the device gets the latest Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC with up to 8GB RAM and 512GB of storage space. The device is fueled by a 4000mAh battery that supports 27W fast PD charging via USB Type-C charging port. It supports Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1/L5).
Nubia Z20 Price
Pre-orders are on but will go on sale in China from August 16th. Available color options include Black, Blue, and Red colors. The 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version goes for 3499 yuan /US$ 496. And there is a second version with 8GB but same storage space that retails at 3699 yuan /US$ 524. Then there is the premium version with 8GB RAM and 512GB of storage space which retailing at 4199 yuan /US$ 595.