The latest smartphone in Xiaomi’s A-series – the Xiaomi Mi A3 has just landed in more markets days after it firs launched at an event in Spain. Xiaomi Malaysia announced the arrival of the device in Malaysia earlier today where it will be available for purchase from August 3rd through Lazada, Shopee, and Mi Stores in the country.
The base model with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage starts at RM899 ($220/€195), while the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage variant will cost additional RM100 ($25/€20). This is against the pricing in Spain where the 64GB model is priced at €249 while the 128GB variant costs €279.
Similarly, Xiaomi Malaysia also announced that the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is immediately available to buy in Malaysia via Lazada, Shopee, and Mi Stores in the country. It is priced at RM149 ($35/€30), although the brand has adopted the Mi Smart Band 4 in Malaysia, it is largely the same smartwatch that was launched earlier this month.
Xiaomi Mi A3
The Mi A3 is the sequel to last year’s Mi A2. While it isn’t a huge upgrade over the A2, the device brings some improvements over the Mi A2, but it also takes some steps back. The device is rebadged Xiaomi Mi CC9e with the same design, and same internals. The Mi A3 returns the 3.5mm headphone jack which was omitted from the Mi A3. It also has a larger 4,030mAh battery size, as opposed to the 3000mAh on the Mi A2.
The display is slightly larger – a 6.088-inches AMOLED display with HD+ resolution, and a water-drop notch. It ditches the rear fingerprint scanner on the Mi A2 for an in-display option. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 coupled with 4GB of RAM with 64 or 128GB of storage.
Xiaomi Mi A3 major highlights
The Xiaomi Mi A3 has triple rear cameras, and that is perhaps its major selling point. Much like every other mid-range devices, it has a 48MP primary sensor coupled with an 8MP “ultra-wide-angle” lens and a 2MP depth sensor. The waterdrop notch on the front is home to a 32MP front camera with AI features.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specifications
- 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Quick Charge fast charging