Xiaomi backed Black Shark just ushered in the Black Shark 2 Pro – a slightly upgraded version of the standard Black Shark 2 announced earlier this year.
The biggest upgrade to the Black Shark 2 Pro is its processor. The device features the latest Snapdragon 855 Plus – making it the second device to house the processor after the ASUS ROG phone 2. Along that is 12GB of RAM, and up to 256GB UFS3.0 internal storage.
The firm has also thrown in a slight design upgrade as the Black Shark 2 Pro now has – improved grips and two more RGB LED lights on the back placed on either side of the RGB-lit Black Shark logo at equal distance. The design as noted by Fonearena is largely inspired by the F1 car. On the display front, the device retains the original 6.39-inch display with a touch latency of 34.7ms up from the 43.5ms latency on the Black Shark 2.
There is a slight bump in the camera segment – up from 12MP to 13MP, while it retains the 48MP primary sensor, as well as the 20MP front sensor. The device retains the 4000mAh with support for 27W fast-charging technology, as well as an in-display fingerprint scanner.
In addition to the traditional Ice Silver, Blue (with an orange accent), Purple, and a Bright Orange variant, Black Shark has introduced three more exciting color editions with an inscription written in red on the back.
Black Shark 2 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display with 108.9% DCI – P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, a telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
The Shark 2 Pro is expected to go on sale from August 2 in China via Mi.com at ¥2999 (~$436) for the 128GB version and ¥3499 (~$504) for the 256GB version.